Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Birds and Nests !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time the lovely Jenny has chosen the theme of Birds and Nests. Here's what Jenny has to say about this challenge :

Summer is a time for nesting.  To me, there is something so simple and pure about a bird's nest especially one that contains eggs waiting to hatch! So let's pay homage to those hardworking mama and papa birds by including both a bird and nest image somewhere in your project.

When I saw the theme for this challenge I immediately knew I wanted to use the lovely Artistic Outpost Birds of a Feather stamp set. The images are just perfect for this challenge !


Now you may need sunglasses for my project today as I decided to go bright ! I've used one of the Jumbo tags that Linda sells in the Funkie Junkie Boutique and cut a second tag from watercolour paper slightly smaller than the jumbo tag. I've used lots of Distress Inks which I've spritzed with water and dipped the watercolour paper into the ink 


I've stamped the bird and the nest onto watercolour paper that's been dipped in the spritzed Distress Inks. I stamped the Birds of a Feather text with embossing ink and heat embossed it with white EP. The letters are cut using the Vintage Market strip die and I've drawn around the edge using the Picket Fence Distress Marker. The flowers are made using the Tattered Flower strip die and a dry baby wipe.

If you pop back on Saturday I will show you how I put this tag together in more detail.

I'm also entering this tag into the Artistic Outpost June Referral Programme - Anything Goes.


Make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


11 comments:

  1. Live the bright colours Sue and the way the watercolour paper has stacked them up. Fabulous layers as always.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag Sue, those bright colours just glow and give real depth and I totally love those dried baby wipe flowers, they look like fabric! Now there's an idea to remember....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue, this is gorgeous!! Makes me want to go and play right away....

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! fabulous combination of colour and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so beautiful - it makes me wish I was a papercrafter! I might even pop back to see how you made it in more detail! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tag is beautiful. Love the birds and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Sue - you're on an amazing creative roll at the moment - it's a joy to visit your blog (and all the other places you're playing!)... Gorgeous tag - thank you so much for playing along at Artistic Outpost!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I adore that color palette, so vibrant! Love all the layers and those pretty flowers. Great use of those lovely AO images! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the colors on your tag knock my eyes out. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sue, this tag is so EXCEPTIONAL!!! I love it! PINNING!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!