Sunday, 23 June 2013

Lynne Perrella board

I found some time to have a play over the last few days and make something that was just for me. This doesn't often happen but however it happened I seemed to be on top of things (which is very rare!). I've been wanting to have a play with my Lynne Perrella stamps so that's what I reached for.


I've used a piece of chipboard for this project, I've painted it with Snowflake Fresco Finish dried it off and then stuck torn pieces from an old book to it.


I gave the board a coat of Glue 'n' Seal as this stops the paper disintegrating when you apply more Fresco Finish paint. I've used Blood Orange, Vanilla and a little Pumpkin Soup and applied it with baby wipes.



I used The Crafters Workshop Diamonds stencil with Snowflake Fresco Finish, dried it off and then applied some more Blood Orange over the top. Then I've used some Grunge Paste and dragged my spatula across it to create extra texture.


I've used a mixture of Chocolate Pudding and French Roast around the edge of the board and then used the PaperArtsy Mini 44 stamp with black Archival ink.


I've then used the Artistic Stamper Punk Plaid background stamp without an acrylic block and randomly stamped over the board.


The main image is from the Lynne Perrella 010 set and I've stamped it onto a piece of book page that I've painted with Snowflake and then used a baby wipe with Beach Hut, Limelight and Blood Orange. The frame is one that's been kicking around my craft table for ages. It's cut from Grunge Paper and I've painted it with a mixture of Brown Shed and Pumpkin Soup. I've dabbed some Gunge Paste onto it, painted it and then brushed some Florentine Treasure Gold over the top.


I brushed more Treasure Gold over the board, around the edges and over the raised areas of the Grunge Paste. The small flower on the main image is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower strip die. I painted some Crunchy paper with Blood Orange, dried it and then brushed some Perfect Pearls over the top. If you heat it the wax from the paper melts and the Perfect Pearls sinks into it.


I used a border punch and punched two pieces from white card, stuck them together and then painted it with Blood Orange. I've then glued some May Arts crocheted lace over the top.


The text is from the Darkroom Door Discover set. It's been stamped onto some more book paper that's been painted with Snowflake and then  Blood Orange, and Beach Hut. I've mounted the clock face onto one of the gorgeous Filigree metal embellishments that The Funkie Junkie Boutique sells the buttons are also from here.

I thoroughly enjoyed my self on this project, I hope you like it too !

I'm also entering this project into the below challenges:





20 comments:

  1. This is totally your style Sue. Love the textured layers and the warmth of your colours. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sue, totally fantastic make! The background is stunning and you finished it just perfectly with the LP stamp, totally gorgeous and great step by step too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, this piece is absolutely stunning. Thanks for the step by step - makes it much easier for us novices. Great work. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yum, fabulous .... right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Sue, the fabulous layers you created combined with the wonderful colours and image have resulted in a hanging that would grace my wall perfectly lol. Love it.
    Have a happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is packed with great colors and scrummy textures! Hugs x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Sue - and so wonderful seeing all those layers build up. Great tip about sealing the paper before the next layer of paint... All the gilded texture looks so cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is to like with this project. Love the vibrant colours and all the texture you created in your layers.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...gorgeous art...love the layers and textures and your step-by-step shows your piece coming to life, fabulous ingredients and just love the paint names...Mel:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layers, texture and details! Love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome project, love the names of the colours you used. Great textures and images as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous make Sue and thanks for sharing the how to. The layers are amazing and the colours are perfect.

    Thanks for visiting earlier and leaving such a lovely comment. It means so much

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible! Absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome canvas! Love the pink hues, and the sentiment is perfection! Great face too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sue what a gorgeous effect you've created with all those layers! Really beautiful artwork. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a gorgeous project, great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this piece. Fabulous colours, texture and detail. Great tutorial, loved seeing how you built up the background - superb. Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing card - love the colours!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Anything Goes challenge!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!