Sunday, 30 June 2013

Mail it !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and for the next 2 weeks the challenge is 'Mail it!' So, you need to include anything related to postage and of course some stamping, no digis !


I decided I'd take the opportunity to make a card for one of my niece's whose birthday is coming up in July. I've used Artistic Stamper stamps for the background, stamping the various post marks and also the Carte Postale stamp with black Archival ink. I've used Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. I've also splashed some water onto the background using the Spritz and Flick technique. The text, which is also an Artistic Stamper stamp, is stamped onto a blank piece of paper from an old book, I really love the texture of this paper and it loves Distress Inks ! The pile of cases are a Darkroom Door stamp and I've painted them using Distress Markers and cut them out. I stamped the typewriter from the Artistic Outpost Secretary Pool set and stamped the 'jot this down' stamp from the same set onto the blank area. I then stuck some more blank book paper onto a piece of card to give it some strength, and blended some Wild Honey DI lightly over it. Then I stamped the image which is a Crafty Individuals stamp onto it and cut it out. I love the expression on the face of this image !


For the leather belt I covered a piece of card with Gathered Twigs and Walnut Stain DI and then embossed it in a Cuttlebug EF. I then covered it with Embossing Ink and clear EP to give it the glazed coating. The eyelets have been coloured with some alcohol ink as I only had silver ones which were way too clean ad shiny ! The buckle is an Artemio one which I picked up at Ally Pally. The flowers have been made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Strip Die and I've rubbed Wild Honey DI over the edges. To finish the gorgeous buttons are coconut buttons from Linda's fabulous Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

I'm also entering this card into the Artistic Outpost challenge of anything goes and also Country View Crafts which is die cuts. 





18 comments:

  1. Fabulous Sue, I love all the mail art stamps in the background layered with this lovely lady and her suitcases. This card really tells a story.
    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Sue. Love the buckle and that pile of beautifully coloured suitcases. Another card I'm sure will be incredibly well received. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is so cool, LOVE it! There are so many clever things to admire, the way you have layered and arranged these great stamps,(love those suitcases!) the gorgeous colouring, but the idea of that belt and buckle are the bit that really make me go wow! Fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's abeautiful card. So much detail, fabulous stamping and gorgeous colors. Love the layering.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue such a beautiful card, love the belt and buckle and those suitcase stamps are brilliant. Have a lovely Sunday. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you combined these stamps Sue! Great vintage feel as well! Love the belt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, great layers and details, love the belt and buckle.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, the lady looks wonderful near the suitcases, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, this is just a wonderful composition and use of colour. I love the Vintage look and all the layering. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Absolutely love the Flapper paired up with that amazing suitecases stamp.
    Wonderful card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful make!!!! Your design and embellishments are out of this world and I do love the navy and brown together!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely brilliant, Sue - and having just seen your PaperArtsy piece, it's clear your creative roll is continuing apace!! Love the pile of luggage, the vintage letter, the luggage strap (genius), the delicately tinted flowers, the glowing colours... I could go on, but I'm already behind on visiting. Safe to say, I LOVE it!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Sue, so many details and such wonderful images. Love the suitcases.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous card! Love the colour blending and great use of the images. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sue this is fab, gorgeous stamping and that belt looks amazing! I'll have to try that technique
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sue...gee, I thought the belt was real!!! The lush vintageness and depth of colour here looks incredible Sue. Love it all.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Luscious vintage feel! You are just so clever and I love that added buckle! What a wonderful "mail" piece! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeously amazing - fab stamping and love love love the 'leather belt', so clever...Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!