Sunday, 2 June 2013

Tag time !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time the lovely Claire has chosen Tag Time ! This is a nice easy challenge so as long as you include some stamping on a tag then the rest is up to you !


I started with a jumbo tag and stuck some torn pieces from an old book across it. I then painted the whole tage with Fresco Finish Snowflake. Once dry, I then started to layer up the paint using various colours of Fresco Finish. This was quite an experimental tag as I didn't know what colours I wanted to use so just kept trying different ones. I gave the tag a coat of Glue 'n' Seal before I added the paint as I didn't want the card or paper from the old book to disintegrate before I'd finished ! I used a baby wipe to add the paint, I could then knock the colour back if it was too strong. I dried the paint in between each layer and then I used the Thistle stencil and some Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste. Before I removed the stencil I patted my spatula on the paste to stipple it. I used the Chicken Wire reverse stencil and Blood Orange Fresco Finish and then used the Artistic Stamper Sequin Waste stamp with black Archival ink.




I've used the Artistic Stamper Journalling Words 3 stamps for all of the text stamping. The flower is made from a white paper flower and Kraft Glassine paper that's been painted with Blood Orange Fresco Finish paint (this is fast becoming my favourite colour!) and the Tattered Flowers strip die. The swirls are cut using the Festive Greenery strip die and I've painted them using South Pacific Fresco Finish. I blended some Peacock Feathers DI around the edge of the tag and then brushed some Aquamarine Treasure Gold over the embossing paste and around the edge of the tag. I then brushed several different colours of Treasure Gold over some black card and then mounted my tag on to it and to finish I added some lace.

I'm entering this tag into the Pan Pastel challenge which is also to make a tag. 

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work !



24 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue, the colour experiment worked perfectly and the stencilling is a fabulous addition. Love it.
    Happy Sunday.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant tag Sue, great colours and wow, yes the blood orange looks fab! Love the stenciled thistles too, such great texture, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Totally in love with Frescos! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, stunning tag. The colours are gorgeous & I love all the different textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, I love the stencils you used, and the colours, and as Kirsten says, the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag Sue,liked the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful tag. I'm in love with this stencil and I love the colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag with all the different colours and textures. Those paints are a must have on my next visit even if I have to leave behind some clothes so I don't exceed the weight limit :)
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous tag and the stencilled flowers are amazing! Trace x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful tag with gorgeous texture, looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous tag, Sue!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag, Sue! Love that texture on the flowers and the stamping of the words in black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag Sue, the colours are fab and i love all the texture. Hope you've had a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome design, fabulous colors and textures. Can't wait to get my hands on some of the Wendy Vecchi embossing paste. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue...I love seeing what you can do with the fresco paints! The torn pages add a wonderful texture to build upon, and look great. I love your tag Sue.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Sue. Love the design, adore your mix of colours. This is just perfect. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous Sue. The embossed flower looks amazing against that fab background.
    Congratulations on your fabulous Paper Artsy artwork too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sue, this is one gorgeous tag! Love the texture from the flowers and the colors are delicious! Enjoy the week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sue, the stencilling has the most gorgeous effect and such beautiful colours.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sue, sorry still catching up with my blog visits, totally gorgeous tag, love the colour combinations and the beautiful stencilling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sue - also just trying to catch up ! I would say your experiment was a resounding success...a beautiful tag, love the colours and the textured thistles are gorgeous..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a fantastic tag, love every detail, Sue.

    Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really stunning, I love the texture of those flowers and the colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wowww georgous project, stunning background those flowers you have made and the colours you have used. Woww thank you for sharing with the DT from PanPastel UK, hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!