Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Wendy Vecchi style !

I'm back with my second post for today and this time it's my DT project for Frilly and Funkie. Linda has had lots of new stock in The Funkie Junkie Boutique and that includes lots of yummy Wendy Vecchi products. Here's what Linda has to say about the new challenge:


We're celebrating the introduction of a new line of products at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!  We are now carrying Wendy Vecchi stamps, Art Parts, Clearly for Art film, embossing pastes and stencils.  If you are not familiar with her work, check out Wendy's blog for inspiration.  You do not have to use actual Wendy Vecchi products.  If you don't have them, just use what's at hand to create something in her beautiful style.




I started by drawing around the edge of one of the Wendy Vecchi stamp plates onto some Mount Board and cut it out using my craft knife. I then painted it with Stone Fresco Finish paint and stamped it using the ruler stamp from the Tim Holtz Artful Tools set.



I've used a chunky hanging board, cut off the string from the top and painted it with a mixture of Sky and Inky Pool Fresco Finish paint. I've them stamped it with the striped background stamp from the Wendy Vecchi It's More Flower Art set. I've then used the Dina Wakley Mini Vine stencil and mixed two drops of Shabby Shutters re-inker with some Wendy Vecchi embossing paste.


The flowers are Art Parts and on the above I've painted it with Sky Fresco Finish and edged it with Inky Pool and then used an old Stampin' Up dotty stamp.


For the above flower I've painted it with Snowflake Fresco Finish and then with Limelight. I've then used the same background stripe stamp and stamped it in opposite directions to create a checked pattern.



I've painted the leaves with Green Olives Fresco Finish and also stamped them with the background stripe stamp. The red flower is painted with Claret Fresco Finish and then stamped with the text stamp from the Art from the Heart stamp set.


I painted a further piece of Mount Board with Stone Fresco Finish and then stamped it with an old wood mounted check stamp (sorry I don't know who it's by!) I then used the sentiment from the Sentimental Art set. The little Art Part flower in the centre at the bottom has also been painted and stamped with the stripe background stamp.


The little bottles are Ideaology bottles and I've wrapped a piece of old book page that's been painted with Fresco Finish and the text are Chit Chat stickers. I've coloured the water in the bottles with re-inkers.

I had a fabulous time making this project, completely different and not my usual style at all !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

I've also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is stripes.


13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project Sue. Love the whole design and that floral flourish at the top. Great tutorial too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab project Sue and great step by step photos! Love the idea of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two today, we are being spoiled. Love this Sue, I really love the colour effects you've got on those flowers and the stamps, well they're just brilliant! Happy crafting. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous project, fantastic details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue, really love how you drew around Wendy's stamp plate to make the base, very inventive and a lovely touch. The stripes are very effective on this piece as is the embossing paste. Striking colours too. Love the stamped rulers and little bottles. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful piece with fab colors and wendy style!!!! Terrific use of that vine mask and Art Parts!! Way to go Tracy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project, super details and backgrounddddds.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully put together Sue, love the design and those bottles are a great finishing touch.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great, fab colours and love the coloured liquid in the little bottles x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very inventive use of the WV pieces... and I, too, love the little bottles.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really good just love the colour combo
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Vecchian masterpiece! Love love love! The striped background on the base is wonderful, and I love the color scheme! The bottles and their "Contents" are perfection! An inspiration piece to have hanging around forever as a great muse! Thanks for showing us your stripes this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is fabulous! love the design, colors & texture from the embossing paste.
    well done!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!