Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Any Way you Fold it !

It's time to share my Funkie DT project for the Frilly and Funkie challenge which I'm hosting. The theme I chose was Any Way you Fold it ! There are so many different folds that you can do that I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to do something I've not had a go at before. I found a template over a Valita's Designs & Fresh Folds for a box fold and here's what I made !



I started by making a master sheet using the Wendy Vecchi Daisy Art set. I stamped with embossing ink and then used white embossing powder. I then blended Distress Inks over the top and also did some Spritz and Flick.



I used the master sheet as the background to all of the images. The two front images are from the Artistic Outpost Board Walk set and I've stamped onto cream Waterclour paper. I then cut them out and I've painted the lady with the umbrella using Distress Markers. For the layer below the images I've used a page from an old book.


The panel in the centre portion is from the Wendy Vecchi Nature's Art set and I've used the Tim Holtz on the edge Notebook die.



To hold the card together I've used seam binding that I've rubbed a Distress Ink applicator over so the colour was quite pale.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you check out the main blog for the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


14 comments:

  1. Love the vibrancy of that masterboard Sue and what a great way to use it. Must check out that fold tutorial as yours is so good. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool, that's a gorgeous idea and a great folding.Wonderful piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really great make , must check out the tutorial xx hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!!! What a fantastic make!! I so love projects like this, you frilly and funky guys are going to keep me busy for hours lol. This is stunning, I so love how you used those stamps too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, what a great folded creation! This is just so clever and I love how you used the "Boardwalk" bathing beauties! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastische Arbeit,ich bin total begeistert.Wundervoll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing construction... and such scrummy background papers. Love the stamps mounted onto the book pages - altogether delicious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful project, the folding is so clever.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful fold - thanks for the site where I can see a tutorial. Wonderful and fun card!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Sue,
    I love this wonderful project especially the fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops this silly iPad, sorry pressed the wrong button.
    especially the fantastic fold you have used.
    Off to have a look at the Tutorial for that.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my Blog

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ein wunderschönes und grandioses Werk.
    CHAPEAU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous folded project. Love the master sheet because it is so bright and cheerful.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!