Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Celebrating Summertime !

It's time for the next challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and this time the lovely Terry has chosen Summertime. Here's what Terry has to say:

Summer Time......you can make whatever you like as long as it has everything to do with Summer.....can be a scene, the beach, sunshine, bright colours, lace and FUN.




We've just come back from a very sunny (and hot!) week end in Norfolk in the UK. There were lots of colours including fields of poppies to inspire me for this challenge.  I started with a jumbo tag from Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique and first of all spread some Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste over it in a couple of areas. While it was still wet I scraped my spatula across it to create some grooves. Once it was dry I then used Cut 'n' Dry foam with Fresco Finish paints. I then used a Prima stencil for the dots and the script stamp is a PaperArtsy mini.


I've used the girl from the Artistic Outpost Flower Market set, stamped her onto watercolour paper, masked her off and then used the music stamp from the Artistic Outpost Ephemera set. The girl has then been painted using Distress Markers. I've cut an arch using the Tim Holtz Sized Arches die from watercolour paper and embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I then spritzed it with Lemon Zest, Squeezed Orange and Fresh Lime Dyslusions sprays. The lavender has also been stamped onto watercolour paper but instead of ink I've stamped with Distress Markers and then blended the ink slightly using a water brush. The butterfly is cut from Crinoline using the Tim Holtz Mini Butterfly die and I've used a Maya stick pin and stuck some pearls on it.


Large colourful flowers are a key part of Summer for me, I love to see them in the garden. I've used a Sizzix die to create the flower and blended Ripe Persimmon, Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs DI over it. I've backed it with another flower cut from Crinoline using the Tattered Flower die and I've dyed it with Pure Sunshine Dylusions spray. The little flower in the centre is also cut from Crinoline and dyed with the same colour.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the fabulous work by the rest of the DT.

I'm also entering this tag into the Artistic Outpost Referral Programme which is anything goes.

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic summertime feel to this Sue. Love the poppy, the blend of colours and the added texture paste. It really conjures up summertime in Norfolk beautifully. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colours, textures and images Sue a real summertime tag. Glad you enjoyed your time away.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super tag! It has a real sunshine summery feel to it, great colours, layers and textures!
    Glad to hear you had such a good time away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors in this tag and the bright and colorful flower! The texture is great! It definitely says summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and textures you have created here! Love the patches of paste,looks great! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful tag, great colors, texture and elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning - the colors are so beautiful - especially that poppy. Love the way you have built up the background and your layered cluster is perfect. Super tag, Sue!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a colorful work of art Sue! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So delicious, Sue - the colours are fresh and zingy, and I love the mesh and the "groovy" texture paste. Great use of the images, and lovely to have you play along at Artistic Outpost.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so colourful and pretty!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!