Wednesday, 24 July 2013

First page !

I was undecided what to do for my DT piece this week for Eclectic Paperie. Then I spotted my Finnabair journal still untouched and decided to do my first page.

I love using my Distress Inks and of late I've strayed away from them, there's so much to occupy my crafting time now that they don't get used any where near as often as they used to. So, I decided that I would dedicate my first page to my Distress Inks.


I started  by using Bundled Sage at the bottom moving on to Squeezed Lemonade, then some Wild Honey a touch of Ripe Persimmon and finishing at the top with some Barn Door. The weather has been so glorious in the UK for the past couple of weeks that warm Summery colours were on my mind. I then edged the bottom with some Forest Moss and  the top with some Fired Brick.


Now the plan was to take a couple of photos before it was finished but as you can see that didn't happen, so apologies ! I've recently acquired some Wendy Vecchi stencils and stamps and have been itching to have a play with them. The daisy like flowers are made using the 3 Fresh Flowers stencil, using a darker DI in the centre and before I removed the stencil I stamped over the flower head using the background stamp from the Heirloom Art set. The short stripes are made using the Dots and Stripes stencil and I've started with Mustard Seed then Ripe Persimmon and finished with Barn Door. I'd got the thought of a noise indicator in my head, you know the ones where it starts of yellow and as the noise gets louder it goes to red ! I've used the honeycomb stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Art for You set, the butterfly also comes from this set too.



I've used the Bingo stencil to add the numbers and the horizontal dots are a Prima stencil. The background leaves are another Wendy Vecchi stencil and I wanted them to be quite pale so only lightly rubbed Shabby Shutters over it.


The gorgeous striped flowers are made using the Wendy Vecchi Layered Flower stencil, love this ! I stamped the little flourishes from the Daisy Art set and the little sentiment is from the Nature's Art set. The words 'always' and 'remember' are done using the Classic Words stencil using Black Soot and I've stamped the 'Be You' stamp from the Art for You set.

I'm also entering my first page into the Country View Crafts challenge which is Summer Sizzler which I've interpreted with the colours I've used.


9 comments:

  1. A fabulous first page in your journal Sue, I love the blend of colours and mix of images you have used to create a wonderful summery garden.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way a great first page, love all the layers you have created here .x hugs x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic WV inspired journalling here Sue. Love the mix of colours. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, that's an amazing page, love the colors and the images. Just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful page Sue and what a great tribute to everyone's favourite inks!! Love how you have worked with the stencils and stamping, the end result looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Fathers Sue!! This should win first prize in any challenge you should wish to enter. I would give anything to watch a video of you doing this. I am not to hot at reading directions, I need more of a visual image. Your page is beautiful!!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fabulous layered stencilling - a truly glorious page, Sue!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely and vibrant journal page, Sue! Love all the layers and I really need to get back here and follow your steps! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab journal page - bright, fun, very pretty. Thanks for joining in with our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!