Sunday, 28 July 2013

Script/ Books/ Print

I'm running ever so slightly late today ! So, here I am with my DT piece for the Fashionable Stamping Challenge. The theme for the next 2 weeks is Script/Books/Pages/Print. I've taken the opportunity to make a birthday card for a friend who's celebrating a significant birthyday this week. I've not added the number to the card as I don't think she's too impressed !



I started this card by ripping up a page from an old book and sticking it over some white card. I then covered it with Snowflake Fresco Finish. When it was dry I stamped the beach huts from the Artistic Outpost Boardwalk set with Cobalt Archival ink. I've then used a blank piece of page from a book and used a stamp from the Artistic Outpost Ephemera set and the text is a Katzelkraft stamp. I've then used Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks over the paper.


The main image is a Crafty Individuals stamp and I've used Distress Markers to paint her. The two circle stamps are also Crafty Individuals stamps. The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Strip die and I've layered it up and brushed Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the tips of the petals. The script ribbon is something I picked up on my last visit to The Bead Scene as are the little metal beads. The button is from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge which is Celebrate. 









10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Sue. Of course, I love the colours on this one, and the gorgeous distressed book text and the texty ribbon is a fabulous touch. Lovely stamping too, of course!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful, vintage look: I love the beach-huts and the bathing belle. The colour choices are perfect. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage card, your friend will love it.
    Love the design and fantastic details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Love those sea side images and yopu have used them so beautifully! Love the texted ribbon, makes for a wonderful addition. Bet the recipient will just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue...absolutely gorgeous. Your friend will looove this card (no matter how old she is). I love this image from CI too.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue! I love this. Great design, fab colors. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the beach huts background Sue, they are a fabulous backdrop for the other images and elements you have added.
    Have a good week.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!! Love all the different details and the colour combo. That script ribbon is so pretty. Thank you so much for celebrating with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Sue - love the all the layers and the embellishments.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doing a major catch up session and I'm so pleased not to have missed this. What a bathing beauty - this has your style stamped all over it, literally! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!