Friday, 23 August 2013

Butterfly tag !

For my Eclectic Paperie DT piece this week I've made a jumbo tag using lots of Distress Inks !




I started  by stamping the 2 daisy stamps from the Wendy Vecchi Daisy Art set with Embossing Ink and used white EP.


I then used the Seasonal Distress Inks and blended it over the tag and the embossing. I then wiped over the embossing using a baby wipe.


I then  did some Spritz and Flick and then used the TCW Vine stencil and Peacock Feathers DI.


I used the TCW Mini Swirly Vines stencil with Mowed Lawn DI and the Bingo stencil with Black Soot DI.


I then stamped the butterfly from the Wendy Vecchi Nature's Art set onto to card that I'd blended DI over. I also stamped the butterfly onto some Clearly for Art and molded the wings while it was still warm and glued the Clearly for Art onto the card.


I painted a leaf art part with Fresco Finish paint and stamped the script from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace over it. The sentiment is also from a Wendy Vecchi set and I've cut it up so that it would fit in the tag. I then mounted the tag onto black card to frame it.



Here's a close up to show you how the Clearly for Art keeps its shape.

I'm also entering this into the Country View Crafts challenge which is quotes and sayings - the quote I've used is from the Wendy Vecchi 'Be happy....Make Art' stamp set. 

Hope you have a lovely week end !



12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue..I love all those layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Sue, love how you did the background and those butterflies finish it off to perfection! Love also how you have mounted it on black, it somehow makes the whole thing pop, very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tag, Sue! The colors are fantastic and I love the white embossed flowers with the other colors. I like how you mounted it on the black. It really makes the whole thing pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ein Traum von Tag...
    Wunder-wunderschön :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the stencilling and resist stamping Sue. Love your choice of colours too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. PINNED!!!! Oh what a fabulous tutorial and what an amazing tag!!! I LOVE it...every bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tag Sue - the background is so rich in colour.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colours Sue and I love the techniques/ stencilling .

    Have a great Sunday
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous tag Sue - such a wonderful background and the colours are fantastically rich. Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Crafts this month. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum... how cool are those colours?! Love the contrast of the white embossed flowers, and the glossy butterfly is fab.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!