Thursday, 29 August 2013

Dabbling with Dylusions !

For my Eclectic Paperie DT project this week I decided to have a play with my Dylusions sprays. I am still learning how to use these lovely inks so my journal is the best place to do some dabbling !



I started by spraying Lemon Zest and Fresh Lime on to the page. I then dried it off with my heat gun, I've found that if I don't I end up with a muddy colour !


I then  used the Chevron stencil with Vibrant Turquoise and flipped it over to use the ink on top of the stencil. I did the same with the Wendy Vecchi Dotty stencil using Squeezed Orange. At this point I wasn't liking what I was seeing !


I then used the Wendy Vecchi Layered Flowers stencil with some white acrylic paint. I grabbed the Spinning Tops stencil and my Mowed Lawn Distress ink and used it around the edges. Then used the Art Is stencil with Black Soot Distress ink.


I stamped the flowers from the Wendy Vecchi Art Colors Life set with black Archival ink. I used Wendy Vecchi's black Embossing Paste with the Bingo stencil and I also stencilled the word Remember using the Wendy Vecchi Classic Words stencil.

I highlighted the numbers using my Posca pen and rubbed some Classic Treasure Gold over the word Remember. The little tag has had Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks blended over it and I've used the Reversed Chicken Wire stencil with some more Ripe Persimmon DI. The sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi A Form of Art set which I thought it was quite appropriate !

I think it turned out OK in the end but I still think there's lots more dabbling to be done !


10 comments:

  1. What an appropriate sentiment to go with your journal page. I think it is wonderful just the way it is! Bravo Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Yvonne, wonderful stenciling too, this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your page! I find that the Dylusion sprays take some getting used to but you did a great job with them. The phrase is perfect, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page!!! You do wonderful stenciling!!! I love all the ones you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vibrancy and design of this Sue. SO GOOD to finally meet up! It was a blast. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic page Sue - the photos are super to see your art thru its fab stages. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wonderful. These colors are great - aren't they ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous layers. Great to spend the day with you today. Had a wonderful time.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful journal page Sue. Love the layers and stunning colours. It was lovely yo meet you in RL. Wish we had more time to chat...till the next time

    Crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning page, Sue - I'm tempted to go and get out the sprays right now!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!