Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Games we play !

For my Eclectic Paperie DT project this week I opted to do another page in my journal. I find it strange that I really wasn't interested in journalling, I couldn't see the point, yet now I've no sooner finished one page than I'm thinking about what I can do on the next ! The current Get Altered challenge that the lovely Bonnie has chosen is Game On. So this got me thinking how I could use this on my journal page.




I started by using different Distress Stains over my page. The paper sucked up the ink straight away so the ink didn't blend how I'd hoped but I quite liked the effect.


I then started to stencil ! I've used Fresco Finish acrylic paints with various stencils. The check is made using the Wendy Vecchi Yikes Stripes stencil in different directions.


I used the Bingo stencil with black Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste. When the paste was dry I brushed it with Florentine Treasure Gold. The cards are Tim Holtz Ideaology Alpha Cards and I've blended Black Soot Distress Ink around the edge of them. The stamped words are made using one of those little alphabet stamp sets and the word 'play' is cut using the Tim Holtz WordPlay die from card that I've used the Yikes Stripes stencil on.


I used some more black embossing paste to stick the cards to the page and then brushed some more Treasure Gold over it when dry.


7 comments:

  1. wow Sue great page!!! It took me a while to get into journals..but once you're in your hooked!!! I love the vibrant colours you've used and all the different stencils and alphas..brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Sue!! Another absolutely fab page!! Show us more! I am glad you are getting hooked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal page really came out well - I really like it!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous! Love your funky striped letters and this awesome play page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm really loving this, (and it's pink! *gasp*). The stencils, and the design, with the playing cards, really love it. Very fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fantastic page, great texture, colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous - all your usual brilliant layers in that amazing background, and I love the playing cards and that wonderful touch of gilded texture paste.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!