Wednesday, 28 August 2013

My Steamer Trunk !

Today is the turn of the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie DT to share their projects for the current challenge. The lovely Cec has chosen My Steamer Trunk, so what we would love to see are projects with the theme of travel, and possibly what you would pack or what desitnation you're going to !


I don't make many cards these days and as my other half's birthday is coming up soon I thought I would take this opportunity to make his birthday card. Photography is his hobby, so that got me thinking about what he would pack for a trip abroad. The gorgeous old fashioned camera is a Darkroom Door stamp and I stamped it first in black Archival ink and then masked it off to do the rest of the stamping. The stack of cases are also a Darkroom Door stamp and I've used coffee Archival ink. The Eiffel Tower and post card stamps are both Artistic Outpost. I then used the film stamp from the Darkroom Door set and stamped around the edge of a piece of card to use as the next layer. The layer below is stamped with post marks, again by Darkroom Door and I've paper pierced around the edge.


The little note book is made from pages from an old book and I've used one of those cheap little alphabet sets to stamp the word 'notes'. I used a brad to keep the book shut and then added an Ideaology pen nib. The very bottom layer (which you can hardly see!) is made from some card that I've blended Distress Inks over, embossed using the Mosaic EF then used embossing ink and clear EP to give it a leathery look.

I hope you get time to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

So, for those in the UK, only 24 hours to go until Tim's workshop ! Can't wait ! If you're on the morning session, see you there !

10 comments:

  1. A really gorgeous card Sue. Love the sepia tones and all the fabulous detail.
    Have a fabulous time tomorrow and can't wait to see what you make.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous as always Sue...you are a real inspiration. I am attending the afternoon class but hopefully we will catch up

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it Sue. See you tomorrow!! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful make Sue, love all the different elements you have added! I'm sure DH will just love it, great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sepia tones are so fabulous for your photo loving hubby Sue! It's a stunning card - you have brilliant design skills. I love the dinky little notebook! Have a wonderful day tomorrow and enjoy it all. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the vintage sepia look (of course!), and beautiful inking and stamping.

    Hope you have a ball tomorrow morning... I'm on the afternoon, but maybe see you at lunch?
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage feel! I love the pop of black in the camera! Beautiful layers and design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, vintage inspired piece and as someone who always has notebooks and journals to hand (even been known to travel with more than one)
    I absolutely love that touch of the notes with the pen nib.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card! The little notebook on the front is fabulous and interactive! Gorgeous vintage images!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!