Sunday, 11 August 2013

Something completely different !

It's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and for the next 2 weeks our theme is Clean and Simple. Now I have to say this really is not my thing and I have struggled to create anything that I'm happy with, but then that's what a challenge is all about ! Needless to say you won't see this style from me very often !


I used one of the new mini's that I had a hand in creating from PaperArtsy and stamped it with Smokey Grey Versafine ink. You'll find my recent project made with the new mini's from PaperArtsy here. I then stamped the flower from the Wendy Vecchi Daisy Art stamp set. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Simple Sayings set and the three little dots are made using the full stop stamp from one of those little alphabet sets. The little butterfly is a stamp from The Stamp Man.


I painted the flower using Distress Markers and I've flicked some Weathered Wood Distress Stains over the card (which I've just noticed I've smudged!). I don't know why but my Distress Stains seem to be going a funny green colour, the above should be a smokey blue !

Make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work. 

So, that's it in a nutshell ! This is a scheduled post as I'm at the Stamperama craft show today, so you never know I may see you there !


17 comments:

  1. As .long as you tell us who you are, yes!! I shall be there too.. Love this, CAS is hard to do well (I can't!!) so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Sue...CAS is certainly a challenge! But you have pulled it off beautifully. I hope you have had heaps of fun and met up with some familiar names at the craft show :)
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might not be your usual style but you have done a great job, it looks fab!

    Have loads of fun at Stamperama!! I am jealous!!
    Hope you meet up with lots of crafty friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about doing clean and simple it's not as easy as you would think but this is lovely Sue and that brick wall stamp is definitely going to be a hit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a real challenge Sue. Hope you have a wonderful time in Stevenage today. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a challenge for me, this one - but I think you've rocked it! So sad not to be able to make Stamperama this time - especially now!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card, the stamps look Fab together.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sue....................so beautiful and I love the stamps/colours.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I don't see why we won't see more of this style card from you Sue. I think your creation is gorgeous!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. It may be CAS but this card still has so much of interest on it. Fabulous use of stamps.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Sue, love those images, they work so well together.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue. Such a lovely card. I love the simplicity of it....yet it was not a simple card to make. Just beautiful! I also wanted to thank you for your sweet comment you left on my blog. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. CAS is a challenge for me ;) Your card looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful Sue, even if it is not your usual style you have made another amazing piece.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that flower! Very pretty card and great take on the CAS challenge! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sue this may not be your comfort zone but your CAS card is fab !! Love the layered stamping !! ...My 'Old Paper' Distress Stain is far greener than it used to be too....Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful attitude about this. Thanks for posting! The Artist's Son Pierrot With

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!