Sunday, 22 September 2013

Autumn leaves !

Well we've zoomed through another two weeks so that can only mean it's time for the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping challenge. The lovely Avril has chosen the theme for this challenge which is Autumnal colours. Now if you've visited recently you'll know that this is right up my street ! As usual we need to see some stamping on your work as we are a stamping challenge.



I needed another card for an order and as the request was for someone who loves the outdoors I thought what better than the gorgeous colours of Autumn. I started with the background and used some Katzelkraft stamps that have been buried in a drawer for years. I stamped them with various Distress Inks and also Coffee Archival ink which I stamped onto a scrap piece of card first so that the ink was lighter. I also did a little spritz and flick and zipped around the edge twice with my sewing machine.


Using the same stamps I cut a square of Crinoline and stamped the leaves again, this time I also stamped with Vermillion Archival ink which looked really effective, you can just see a couple of leaves poking out. The main stamped images are from a Stamp Man set, I didn't want to use the whole of the stamps but there were certain elements that I liked. So, I stamped them and then cut them up and layered the images so the parts I wanted to use could be seen. I used a piece of map paper as one of the layers and the round Happy Birthday stamp is by Crafty Individuals. I've used a circle punch and then stuck it to a die cut bottle cap.


The leaves are chipboard and I've dabbed Grunge Paste onto them and, when dry, dabbed on some Fresco Finish paints finishing off by brushing some Treasure Gold over them.  I added a filigree metal corner and one of the tiny Idea-ology paperclips and 2 metal skeleton leaves.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

I'm also entering this card into the Our Creative Corner challenge which is Forgotten Things - Mine are my Katzelkraft stamps and also the Simon Says Stamp and Show which is stamping onto anything but card - I've stamped onto Crinoline. 





21 comments:

  1. Beautiful shades of autumn Sue and I love your choice of stamps.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layers and colours Sue. Love the scenes and those leaves are fantastic

    TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sue, just love how you have layered the different images, a truly gorgeous card that I am sure will be much appreciated by the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such perfect stamps for the theme at FSC and those colours are to rich and sumptuous.
    A stunning card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful collage Sue! This definitely has an autumnal feel to it.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, Sue! I love fall and the colors of fall and you've captured the season so well in this card. I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shades of autumn, Sue! The leave are gorgeous! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shades of Autum Sue, love the layered effect with the images.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an amazing piece, fabulous fall feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful background, its a fabulous card, love the images.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Sue. Love the colors and that beautiful background. The crinoline looks so cool with the stamping and the B&W vintage style images are just so perfect here!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love this Sue and Linda is right - just gorgeous.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a glorious autumnal card, Sue - I love the leafy background (those rediscovered stamps are delicious), and the layered images look great (would love to know what you needed to cover up!!)... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. Love the stamped images.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous card, Sue. Love the background...perfect for an autumnal theme. Your stamped images on the layered papers give a real vintage postcard quality to your design. The machine stitching really warms up the design, too and adds a bit of homespun charm. Love it! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card, Sue! The autumn colors are so pretty and love the beautiful leaves. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVELY autumnal colors! Such a beautiful card, in all details: perfect! The leaves are stunning!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Sue. You've really captured the autumn here and I love those leaves. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really gorgeous autumn card Sue, love those leaf stamps and the stamping onto the crinoline looks beautiful too. Thanks so much for joining in our Forgotten Things Challenge at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card screams Autumn in all it's glory Sue from those gorgeous leaves right down to the stamped images, amazing.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!