Sunday, 8 September 2013

Can you resist ?

Hello ! I'm just back from a week's holiday and catching up and the first order of the day is to welcome my new followers, it's lovely to see you here ! The next order of the day is to share my project for The Fashionable Stamping challenge that starts today. The lovely Fliss has chosen 'Can you resist' for the next 2 weeks.


I took the opportunity to make another card for my other half's birthday which was last week. I started with the background and used Darkroom Door stamps and Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. When it was dry I then used a baby wipe and Fresco Finish paints and wiped it over the stamped images. As the Fresco Finish resists the layers of paint you can still see the stamped images. I've used a page from an old book as the next layer and blended Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks over it. I die cut a Picture Wheel and blended the same Distress Inks over it.


The little birds are a Tim Holtz stamp which I received at the fabulous workshop I attended before I went on holiday. I've stamped them onto the photo negative stamp which is by Darkroom Door. The main sentiment is also from the same Darkroom Door set. I kept the little pieces of card from the picture wheel and stamped the little images using the same set of stamps from the Tim Holtz workshop and stuck them to a strip of card. I love how it gave a tiled look to the stamps. I added some Idea-ology to finish and a little Chit Chat sticker.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects on the main blog.

20 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your holiday Sue. Not even going to ask if you enjoyed your day with Mr T as I can guess what the answer is.lol

    Fabulous background, love the layers which you have added. I am sure your other half loved it.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Sue. I do have Fresco paints, but have never tried resist. Glad you had a nice holiday. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Sue, love the theme and the images you've used. Fabulous background.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layers and resist background Sue. Hope you had a good break and enjoyed the 'me' time.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the background Sue and then the lovely layers. That stamp is so cute. Wonderful take on the challenge.

    Have a great week x

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic layers and details. Its an awesome card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!! Love the gorgeous colour combination and the beautiful layered stamping!! Fabulous Sue Style card, LOVE IT!! (The wonderful ICAD I received from you is being blogged today :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, Sue - what a wonderful collage of elements, and the layout of all the different shapes is so dynamic and full of movement. Glorious colour combination too, of course!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Love those layers!.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative - it all comes together with your sentiment.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card, love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous Sue and love the colour combination. Great combination of elements too.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue...this is a beautiful collection of stamps, perfect for a male. You have such a wonderful way with layers...everything just fits together perfectly. (looove the colours too)
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sue...this is a beautiful collection of stamps, perfect for a male. You have such a wonderful way with layers...everything just fits together perfectly. (looove the colours too)
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sue, what a fabulous collage of elements and gorgeous vintage look. And I expect you had a nice time during Tim's workshop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So well designed, I love the contrast between the background and foreground elements and the layered balance of those elements. Great work Sue. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the layers! Everything peeks out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful resist technique, Sue! You always do such amazing and gorgeous layers! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing card Sue - love the colour of your background and gorgeous resist..fab focal details too..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!