Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Coffee, cocoa and chocolate !

Today is the start of week 2 of the current Frilly and Funkie challenge, which means it's the turn of the Funkie side of the team to share their projects. The lovely Jenny is the host for this challenge and the theme is Eat, drink and be merry. Now it did have me scratching my head for a while as I don't have any stamps of food images, but then I spotted one of my Artistic Outpost stamps which included the word cocoa and an idea popped into my head !


I started with a piece of mount board and stuck some left over stamped tissue paper that I made for this project. I then gave it a coat of Glue 'n' Seal so  that it would protect the paper from the moisture in the paint I was going to apply. I then applied several layers of Fresco Finish paint using a baby wipe, making sure to dry in between colours so that it didn't turn to mud !



Then I stencilled over the whole piece using the Mini Numbers stencil and also the Mini Ledger stencil, again using Fresco Finish paints. I also used the Mini Art Is stencil with Wendy Vecchi's black embossing paste, but I forgot to photograph that stage !


I've had my Tim Holtz Pediments die for some time now and not used it so I thought it would work well on this piece. I first of all stuck some metal to black card and then die cut three shapes. I used the nylon tip, metal working tool and added some detail. Then I painted them all black with Fresco Finish Little Black Dress.


Once the paint was dry I then brushed Treasure Gold over the pieces.


For the three separate panels I've used a piece of carboard that I've torn pieces of the top layer off and then painted with Fresco Finish paint.



This image is from the Artistic Outpost Generation Redux set and I've stamped the separate coffee stamp with Coffee Archival ink, mounted it onto some brown card and stuck it over the same smaller image on the main stamp. The text is from the Artistic Outpost Think and Wonder set.


For the centre panel I've used another image from the Artistic Outpost Think and Wonder set. The text is also from this set and I've stamped it with Coffee Archival ink. The number plaque has had some Fresco Finish dabbed on to it to knock back the white.


For this panel I stamped the boy image from the Artistic Oupost Paper Boy set then masked him off and stamped the text from the same set over the top. I've used another text stamp from the Think and Wonder set and stamped it on the edge using Coffee Archival ink. I used a stamp from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set and used a circle punch for the area of the image I wanted and stuck it onto a bottle cap die cut. The metal number has been painted with Fresco Finish Little Black Dress and when it was dry I brushed it with some Treasure Gold.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

I'm also entering this project into the Artistic Outpost Referral programme of Anything Goes.

13 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly clever Sue. I love how you've combined these images with the drinks theme and don't the plaques look perfect on your painted/stencilled background! Another masterpiece from you. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow, another fabulous creation, love how you have ut it together and such a clever way to use the theme with what you had. You always manage to achieve the most incredible effects, totally love this! A master piece indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another work of art with so much stamping goodness! Love that background and your mounting the AO images on the corrugated cardboard! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is fantastic. I love what you have done. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant make. I really must use my pediment die as I haven't yet either lol
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue this is brilliant. I love it. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious, Sue - a fabulous trio of images, brilliant background and the finish on your pediments is wonderful. I got it originally thinking it would be useful for dollshouse stuff for my mother, but I really must press it into action for my own makes! Thanks for the inspiration, as always.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!! Love it! The eaves over the images are fabulous! Love the numbers too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fantastic creation, wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Sue, I love the use of the pediments and the brilliant way you have pulled together the cocoa theme. A great project.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one gorgeous creation, Sue! Love the rich colors and how you separated and showcased each image.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful images and embellishments that go perfectly. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS Sue. How wonderful you won....well deserved. KAREN.x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!