Friday, 13 September 2013

ICAD's to treasure !

I'm a little behind sharing the two lovely packages that were waiting for me when I returned from holiday. The headache monster has been plaguing me all week but it's eased off a little now so I thought I would take the opportunity to share the lovely art work I've received.

This all came about when the very lovely Astrid asked if anyone was interested in doing an ICAD (Index Card a Day) swap. Now, I'm not normally into this sort of thing but the beautiful examples that Astrid had shared on her blog got me thinking and before you know it I'd signed up !


This first little package was from Sarah and I loved how beautifully it was wrapped in tissue paper and had this gorgeous lace holding it together.


Inside was this beautiful wallet.


And inside the wallet, is this goreous ICAD !


The little girl's face is beautiful and her eyes are quite mesmerising !



The second little package I received was from Carol and I love the metal leaf on the wallet.


Now I'm ashamed to say I didn't know what wattle was so I had to look it up ! Carol's interpretation is so true to real life, it's gorgeous ! This has got quite a shimmer when it catches the light.

I shall treasure both of these little pieces of art, thank you ladies !

6 comments:

  1. Both your ICADs are beautiful, Sue! This was such a wonderful idea that Astrid had, wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sue. What beautiful treasures. I must have missed this post by Astrid, it certainly sounds like fun. Have a nice weekend and I hope that headache goes away soon. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning makes Sue and so beautifully made

    TFS and hope your headache has gone

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what beauty to receive - these are all gorgeous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pieces to receive Sue, so glad we took the time to enter the sweap.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun creating something for you, Sue. Hope Astrid has another swap!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!