Sunday, 27 October 2013

A little bit of watercolouring

The new eTeam Picks challenge over at eclectic Paperie has been chosen by the lovely Giovana and for this challenge we would like to see some watercolouring on your projects. I decided to make another card,  and I know I should really be getting stuck in to making my Christmas cards now but, for some reason, I felt that flowers were the way to go!


I started with the backround and used the lovely Crafty Individuals Summer Meadow stamp and stamped it with Gesso. Once it was dry I then blended Distress Inks over the top and then wiped over the stamping with a damp piece of kitchen paper. I then used the TCW Time Travel stencil with Peeled Paint DI and did a little spritz and flick too.


I used a piece of watercolour paper for the main image and I spritzed it with some watered down Fresco Finish paint, a little Dylusions spray and when it was dry I spritzed some White Linen Dylusions over it to knock back the colours. The flower is from the Wendy Vecchi Daisy Art stamp set and I've used Watering Can Archival ink to stamp it. Using this colour ink gives the image a more subtle outline. I then watercoloured the flower using Distress Markers.


I dyed some seam binding with Wild Honey Distress stains and die cut the dainty leaves and pounced some Fresco Finish paint on to them. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Simple Sayings set, and is stamped onto some card that's had DI blended over it. The butterfly is from the gorgeous Petaloo Wild Paprika set and I've brushed a little Treasure Gold over it's antennae.


My little box of Prima flowers and leaves arrived just in time for this card, so I used one of the flowers and painted it with Fresco Finish paints and stamped some script over it using Potting Soil Archival ink. I did the same for the leaves too. I added a little dragonfly charm to the centre to finish.

Giovana has a  beautiful project over on the eclectic Paperie blog, so do hop over and take a look.

I hope you get time to join us for this challenge and look forward to seeing your watercolouring ! 



10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Sue. I love the idea of stamping with gesso. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue.
    I've been visiting your blog and admiring your creations for quite a while now so it is about time I left you a comment!!!
    This is beautiful - wonderfully bright and cheery.
    I LOVE all your stamping and all the delightful embellishments - a fabulous creation :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous in every detail! Love it!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, love the background you made and the super design.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly lovely, Sue - the gesso resist meadow flowers are exquisite - what a great make. Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is so dreamy and reminds us that following what we hope will be a short winter (I know, winter hasn't even begun yet but I can wish!) spring will follow.
    Wonderful details on your card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness gracious! This is so pretty, love all the details, fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the resist of the gesso stamped images Sue and the finished background is wonderful. Stunning focal point and wonderful colours, details.

    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I've just found your blog after looking for some inspiration on male motorbike cards. There was a great card that you made in 2010 that came up in my search. I have just spent the last half an hour scrolling through your beautiful work to the present day. The cards and projects you have made are so gorgeous that needless to say I am now a follower and hope to pick up some tips along the way. Your style is something I wish I could create myself but much practice is needed I fear to be able to begin to reach that level. I look forward to your next post. Take care
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Sue, love the depths of color you created...gorgeous!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!