Thursday, 17 October 2013

Altered note book

When I altered a note book for myself, which you can find here, my other half spotted it and said he'd like one too ! So, for my eclectic Paperie DT piece this week I'm sharing the book that I've altered for him.


I started by using The Crafters Workshop Mini Numbers stencil with Wendy Vecchi's Embossing Paste. I let this completely dry before I did anything else. I then started to add layers of Fresco Finish paint, the new blues are gorgeous ! I painted over the word 'book' with Glue 'n' Seal so that it would still be seen after I'd applied the paint. Then I lightly sanded the numbers to highlight them.


You can see more clearly on the back of the book how the numbers stand out once they've been sanded and also I've lightly brushed them with some White Fire Treasure Gold. 



The clock is cut from thick cardboard using the Tim Holtz Weathered Clock die. I've painted it then lightly dabbed some Pea Coat FF over it. I've used a Filigree metal piece under the clock hands and coated it with the same paint colours. I painted a shaped piece of chipboard with FF then used Crackle Glaze and then another coat of FF. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Good Thoughts set and I've stamped it with black Archival ink. The key and the number have also been painted with FF and I've brushed some White Fire Treasure Gold over them. I also lightly brushed some more TG around the edge of the book and over the clock and numbers.


To create the word 'note' I've used Maya Road Bingo pieces, painted them and rubbed TG around the edges and then stuck a Type Charm sticker on each one.

I've now handed over the finished article and I have to say he was very pleased with it !

I'm also entering this book into The Artistic Stamper challenge which is Alter Something. 



6 comments:

  1. Fabulous Sue, love the colour and the textured pieces are superb.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic note book you've created, no wonder it was appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised your other half was pleased with his new notebook. It is gorgeous. Love the depth of colour you've achieved. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Sue, it's absolutely gorgeous and your OH will love it. Love the stencil and the w clock looks fabulous.

    Have a lovely weekend
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks fantastic. great colour. thanks for linking in to the Artistic Stamper challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow gorgeous, he'll love it!
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!