Thursday, 3 October 2013

Happy Birthday Sarah !

For my eclectic Paperie DT piece this week I decided to make a little gift for a friend who has reached a certain number (which we won't mention!). She absolutely adores hearts, all shapes and sizes and also has a fondness for the american, country style. So, I thought for her birthday I would make her a little something along these lines. Now, I am not a big heart fan and so I really wasn't sure where to start, I don't know if you find that when the subject isn't up your street ! But, I have to say, I really love this !



I started by removing the piece of string and wooden bead, sanded the heart slightly and then gave it a coat of Vanilla Fresco Finish paint.



I painted random areas with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish as this is where I'm going to add the Crackle Glaze.


Once the Crackle Glaze was dry I then painted over the top with Vanilla FF again. The darker colour shows through the cracks in the paint.


I then used Claret FF and a babywipe and wiped the paint over the heart. I still wanted the lighter colour to show through so I wiped the paint away in sections of it.


I then added some Little Black Dress FF to the Claret and used some Cut 'n' Dry foam and went around the edges.


I then used the Mini Swirly Vine stencil and mixed some Claret FF with some Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste.


I then used the background stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Nature's Art set using Plum Archival ink and stamped onto some twill ribbon.


I painted two Maya Road wooden buttons with Vanille FF, dried them and stamped them with the same Wendy Vecchi background stamp using Plum Archival ink.


Before I assembled everything I brushed some Treasure Gold over the raised areas and around the edges. I stamped the background stamp onto some card I'd painted with Vanilla FF using the second generation technique so the ink ws lighter. Then I stamped the text from the Wendy Vecchi Heirloom Art set using black Archival ink.


I rubbed some Plum Archival and black Archival around the edge of the card too to give it some definition against the background.


To finish off I added two more buttons to the back of the heart which covered the join in the ribbon.

Right, all I need to do is post it now !

I'm also entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is Say it with Stamps. 


7 comments:

  1. Wow Sue, this turned out brilliantly, love the country style look you have achieved.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, well I love hearts in all shapes and forms. Love the layers of colour and crackle, the blend is beautiful. Love the design you added and I love the country style you achieved. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue...your Happy Birthday heart for your friend is soooo pretty! She's a very lucky girl to receive such a sweet birthday sentiment. Love the crackle and the vintage red you've used on the heart. You've embellished it to perfection! Thanks so much for sharing your heart and your art with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may not be a fan of hearts but this is glorious Sue.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous heart Sue, the paint effects look fantastic and I adore your "home made" gingham buttons and ribbon, so very, very clever!! I bet she will love her country style heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite fantastic! I can't believe the finished product compared to the starting point! You are a master of transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary. I was impressed at your range of techniques and how many different layers and textures you used. Truly stunning work and I'm so glad you shared your skills with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME!!! This is fabulous! Love the crackle!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!