Friday, 25 October 2013

The time has come .......

To start thinking about Christmas ! Every year I always want to be more organised and have my Christmas cards made in plenty of time, and every year I just can't bear to sit down and think about Christmas before October so it's always a mad dash ! So, as we're only just still in October, I've bitten the bullet and here's my first Christmas card for 2013 !



I love the traditional side to Christmas so when I spotted this Crafty Individuals stamp it 'jumped' into my basket ! The background is made using a bauble stamp from an old Habico stamp set and I've stamped them using Sepia Archival ink onto cream cardstock. I then stamped the word Noel, which is an Indigo Blu stamp, using Red Geranium Archival ink but I used the second generation technique so that the colour was more vintage looking. I then stamped the next panel with, again, an old Christmas text stamp (sorry I don't know who it's by) using Potting Soil Archival ink and using the second generation stamping technique.


I stamped the main image and then masked it off so I could stamp the Christmas tree with Watering Can Archival ink. The Poinsettia has been die cut using the Tim Holtz die and I've blended Distress inks over it. I then stamped the word Noel again using the second generation technique with Red Geranium Archival ink (really love this colour!). I dyed some seam binding using Distress Ink and added some buttons to finish. So, nice and simple but it gets me off the mark !

I'm also entering this card into the Crafty Individuals challenge which is October - October is the month that I start my Christmas cards.

 


11 comments:

  1. Well done you for having made the start and this card looks fantastic! Like you I love the trad side of Christmas and this stamp is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful start to your Christmas cards Sue, love the warm colour palette and the fantastic image. The poinsettia is a lovely touch and I love the traditional feel. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely festive card Sue, and the backgrounds are fabulous. Thank for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge for August. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card to start this years collection for Christmas, love how you've used the CI Santa stamp and a great design.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab stamp that I haven't really noticed before. I love the traditional card you've made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really enchanting vintage-look Christmas card - I love the hit of red from the poinsettia. Sorry to have got behind - the big house move, clearing and leaving the family home of 40 years, has knocked me out... but I'm looking forward to some proper catching up over the next days and weeks...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card, great elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Sue. Love the vintage feel you've given this. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! Love the distressing, the layout, the expert stamping, how you curved the "Noel"...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, Sue. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!