Sunday, 3 November 2013

Anything but ink !

We've come round to the next challenge over at The Fashionable Stamping Challenge and this time the lovely Laura has chosen stamping without ink. So, you could use gesso, bleach etc, I chose to use my Distress Markers (which I don't think counts as ink!).



I started by using this lovely stamp from Little Big Tree and colouring it with the Iced Spruce Distress Marker, giving it a huff of hot breath and then stamping on to some watercolour paper. I then used a watercolour brush and picked up some of the colour to add some shading.



I wanted to keep the colours quite pale so for the background I blended some Iced Spruce DI over it to start. Then I used the TCW snowflake stencil and blended a pale blue Pan Pastel over it. I moved the stencil slightly then used Iced Spruce DI, moved it again and used Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. I used the flourish stamp from a Tim Holtz set and I've stamped using the Iced Spruce Distress Marker.


I cut the angel out using one of the Tim Holtz Sized Arches dies. For the larger arch I used the Arch Frame die, I coloured the card using Iced Spruce Distress Stain then went over the top with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain. I then placed the snowflake stencil over the top and pressed embossing ink over it. I covered it then with Sticky EP and added some Rock Candy Distress Glitter.


The snowflake has been cut from crinoline using the Tim Holtz strip die. I've rubbed some more Iced Spruce DI over the top and used a needle and thread to sew it together. I cut a couple of sprigs of fern using the Festive Foliage strip die, pressed Iced Spruce DI onto it and then covered with Sticky EP and then some more Rock Candy Distress Glitter. The text has been stamped onto watercolour paper again using the Iced Spruce Distress Marker.

I now have 2 Christmas cards made ! I think I need to up the anti, as they say !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

I'm also entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is anything goes and The Artistic Stamper which is Christmas. 

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sue, I just love the muted colours and the arch framed angel. A really gorgeous make.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful elegant card Sue, I love the iced spruce combined with the angel who looks amazing framed in the arch . Reminds me of a church window. Love,the muted backdrop,too. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamping and love how you have put the card together. Love the use of the arch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Christmas card, the image is beautiful.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the overstamping Sue and the wonderful background colours. The image is so peaceful and is just perfect in the arch.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Sue, love the soft muted colours, perfect with that lovely Angel.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speaks of serenity.
    A gorgeous card and I like the colour palette you worked with.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. So subtle and beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Artistic Stamper with this lovely card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is so elegant! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sue, love the angel and the colours are so lovely and subtle, very elegant
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, lovely angel stamp.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sue, this is so beautiful! I love the softness and gentleness you have created. Iced Spruce isn't a colour I use often, but it is absolutely perfect here!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Christmas card Sue love the colour

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, what a beautiful Christmas card! I love the arch framing and that image is so precious! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Phew just made it here before the next challenge Sue.

    A huge thank you for all your divine makes at FSC over the years and especially this last one it is stunning and more.

    Take care sweets and hope you will enter some of these delicious creations into the challenges.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!