Thursday, 28 November 2013

Her style was sassy.....

For my eclectic Paperie DT piece today I'm sharing a birthday card that I've made for one of my nieces. Christmas has had to take a back seat for a few days as I've got one or two family birthdays to make cards for plus I'm attending the 2 day Finnabair workshop this week end ! Just getting a little excited now!!


I started with the background and got my Dylusions out and spritzed some card with Fresh Lime, Lemon Zest and Pure Sunshine. I then used the Wendy Vecchi Polka Dotty stencil and spritzed it with Postbox Red. While the stencil was still wet with ink I flipped it over and pressed it onto the card so you get the negative print from the stencil. I then used the 3 Flourishes stencil and some Fresco Finish paint.



I stamped the sentiment from the A Form of Art set using black Archival ink. The main image is from the same set and I masked it off and then used the Fancy Florals set with Orange Blossom Archival ink.


I painted one of the wooden Prima flowers and then stamped it with the Fancy Florals stamp using Orange Blossom Archival ink. The other flowers are cut using the Tattered Flowers strip die. The little postage stamp is cut using the Movers and Shapers die and I've stamped it with a stamp from the Tim Holtz French Marketplace set using Potting Soil Archival ink. The metal pieces have all had Fresco Finish painted dabbed on to them so they weren't as shiny.


6 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card Sue, I love your background and the pretty flowers. Have a great time at the workshop! Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sue. What a fabulous card. I love what you've done. Annie is going to the Finnabair workshop too. You'll love it. Have a great time. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Sue, I love the rich background and the dress form image. Have wonderful time with Finn, you will love every minute.
    hugs {Brenda} xOx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! Love the colour work Sue and such a kewl design - a fab card! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card....I'm doing the Finnabair workshop on Saturday, can't wait only two more sleeps, see you there. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic card, Sue - and I just know you'll be having a brilliant time with Finn right now - can't wait to see what you create with her!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!