Wednesday, 20 November 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like.......

Yes, it most certainly is looking like Christmas everywhere now ! So I am getting a little panicky as there's so much to do and I've not made anywhere near enough cards !

The project I'm sharing today is my DT piece for the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie team. I am the host for the current challenge and I chose Christmas Preparations, thinking about all the things we're starting to do for the Christmas table or the tree.


This little house had been sitting on my shelf half finished for months so I decided to give it a new lease of life as I really didn't like my previous attempt ! I painted the whole house white using Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. Then started to add some colour using more Fresco paints.


I stamped the pinecones from the Artistic Outpost Midwinter stamp set onto tissue paper. I then painted them on the reverse with Fresco Finish paint and while the paint was still wet I stuck them around the house. When the paint was dry I then used a white Sharpie pen and added some highlights. I stuck a Filigree corner on the back of the house.


I painted the roof red and then dug out my Tulip Puffy paint which I've not used in ages but it still managed to puff up when I heated it ! I then spritzed the roof with White Linen Dylusions spray.


The little bird was already stuck to the house when I decided to give it a make over. I dabbed some Fresco Finish paint over it and a little Festive Berries DI on his chest. The large holly leaves are die cut using the Festive Foliage strip die and I've painted then with my Distress Markers. The sentiment is from the Artistic Outpost Midwinter set and the little holly leaves are from a corner punch. I've added some white dots using my Sharpie pen along the edge of the roof and a little dot of red stickles to the small holly leaves too.


To attach the two Filigree snowflakes I punched a hole in the bottom of the house and attached cotton thread to both snowflakes. This was extremely fiddly and I almost changed my mind ! I used a bar fastener from the Idea-ology link chain and tied the cotton to the little ring and pushed the bar through the hole.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !

I'm also entering this project into the Artistic Outpost Referral Programme which is anything goes.

10 comments:

  1. How beautiful is this!!! Love the pinecones and all that work with the Sharpie giving the whole house a real pop. Superb work as ever Sue. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post title is one of my favourite Christmas songs by Dean Martin :-) gorgeous make Sue.....love the colours, snow and pinecones and that cute Robin.

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautifully festive decoration a Sue, love the highlighted pinecones.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally gorgeous make Sue, love all the little details, the snow, pinecones and that sweet little robin! Great Christmas decore piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas Bird house, its a wonderful decorative project.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always had a 'thing' for birdhouses and now you're gonna push me to make a wintry birdhouse!! I love this little home! with reverse fresco, tissue paper, pinecones, filagree and that dear little bird and holly....It is so very adorable!! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thisis a or goes piece, what a fab little house! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely house, wonderrful decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet piece Sue. Gorgeously crafted. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this adorable little house! So many lovely details and the pinecones are a perfect touch! Nice to see this decorating AO!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!