Monday, 25 November 2013

Letters at Country View Crafts

Hello and welcome to my first post as DT member at Country View Crafts ! The current challenge has been set by the lovely Brenda who has chosen letters. As soon as I saw this I knew that I wanted to use my WordPlay die, love this die !


I cut the letters from mountboard and stuck them to a piece of greyboard. Then I painted the whole thing with Space Cadet Fresco Finish paint, dried it and then added a coat of Crackle Glaze. I painted the top coat with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint mixed with a little Space Cadet.



I then stamped the snowflakes from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays stamp set using Space Cadet Fresco Finish paint. The little swirls are stamped using the PaperArtsy Mini 96. I stamped the side panel with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint using the snowflakes and once dry I painted over the top with Space Cadet and used a baby wipe to take some paint off so you can still see the snowflakes. I stamped the trees from the Reindeer Flight set with Cornflower Blue archival ink.


I cut the snowflake rosette using the Tim Holtz striop die and painted the centre disc using Space Cadet and lightly brushed some Lake Wanaka over the top. The number 25 is cut using the Mini 25 die and I've painted them with Pea Coat and then lightly brushed Lake Wanaka over the top. The little deer is cut using the Mini Deer die and I've painted it with the same Fresco Finish paints. I painted the little jingle bell with Fresco Finish paint too. To finish I've added a Filigree corner that I've painted with Fresco Finish too.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project and hope you get time to join us in the challenge !

I'm also entering this project in to the Simon Monday Challenge Blog challenge which is Holiday countdown. I am most definitely counting down with the amount Christmas projects I have to do ! 

15 comments:

  1. More than stunning!! Love everything about it, you are such a master with those paints!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous make with the letters Sue, love this which is perfect as a decorative piece for Christmas.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, Sue! I love everything about it! Great Christmas make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really fab - love the crackle, the lettering, the trees - well, all of it really!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project Sue - the crackle is fabulous and the colours are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge congratulations on your DT spot Sue x I adore this make and that fab background...its such a shame to cover it up but the completed project is stunning

    TFS and crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous Sue! Love the subtlety of the snowflakes in right panel and great use of dies. Aren't those paperartsy paint names fun, anyway you have used them to great effect. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue...this is gorgeous! I really love your design and the use of the crackle on the otherwise white washed looking background. SNOW looks fabulous and I love your dimensional snowflake in the place of the "O". Love the subtle stamping and the tall pine and reindeer. Lovely project! Thanks for sharing your beautiful art with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful, love every detail - especially the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow sue, this is really pretty. I love all the elements and how you pulled them together. The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, this is just gorgeous!!! love it to bits ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work! Love the texture and dimension! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything, the color, worn look, the design, all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!