Sunday, 24 November 2013

Recycled Christmas !

I am very late with this post, but at the moment time just seems to be slipping through my fingers ! So, the card I'm sharing is my DT piece for eclectic Paperie eTeam picks and the challenge is Recycling.



For my recycled element I've used some plastic packaging and die cut poinsettia's from it using the Tim Holtz Poinsettia die. I then used alcohol inks to colours it and when it was dry I used a gold pen and drew along all of the edges.


The background is made using the trees from the Reindeer Flight stamp set and I've used Fern Green Archival ink and stamped several times without re-inking the stamp. I've also used a stamp from the Mixed Media set and the Fabulous Flourishes set, again using Fern Green Archival ink.


The centre panel made using the Tim Holtz Hanging Sign die and I've painted it with Fresco Finish paints and then stamped the text from the Mini Holidays set using Fern Green Archival ink.


The lamp post is also a Tim Holtz die and I've blended Pumice Stone Distress ink ovet it and then Forest Moss, but only down one side. I've used a Tim Holtz on the edge die and the calendar stamp from the Mini Holidays set for the horizontal piece.


I heated the poinsettia and because it's plastic it softened while still hot and I was able to bend the petals in to the shape I was after.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge !

15 comments:

  1. Lovely Sue, your recycled poinsettia is very striking. Lovely design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Love how the recycled bit of plastic looks so cool on your card, very clever, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Sue. Your plastic flower is amazing.

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background, loving all those shades of green, topped off with an amazing poinsettia!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous recycled poinsettia, its a beautiful card.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. How amazing those flowers are!
    A beautiful and elegant card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely delicious, Sue - the recycled packaging has been transformed into magical flowers, and those trees look stunning in the background - fabulous!
    Alison xx
    (Oh, and if I haven't said congratulations on CVC yet, then congratulations!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I love the poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous. I would have NEVER thought that that poinsettia was die cut from recycled packaging. Gorgeous. Oh and that forest background - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my giddy aunt Sue how gorgeous your recycled poinsettia turned out..looks like glass and I loooove it!! Gorgeous make.
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome clever design and I especially love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. can I just say phoar to this project? Absolutely love it
    Hugs
    Vic
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the color palette...perfectly Christmas! That flower is MARVELOUS Sue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great idea and a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I love the recycled plastic flowers!! SO amazingly creative!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!