Saturday, 28 December 2013

Bah Humbug for Country View Crafts

Today I'm sharing my second post for Country View Crafts December challenge which is Bah humbug.


This is one of the Christmas cards I made before Christmas and I got to play with my new Ornate Frame die ! I started with the background and used a sponge with Caramel, Pumpkin Soup and Blood Orange Fresco Finish paints. I like the different finish the sponge gives as well as creating some texture on the card. I then randomly stamped the poinsettia stamp from the Tim Holtz Mini Holidays 5 stamp set. The next layer is a page from an old book that didn't have any text on it and I stamped it with an old PaperArtsy stamp and Sepia Archival ink and distressed the edges.


I stamped the main image, which is also from the same Tim Holtz set, and then painted him with Fresco Finish paints. The frame was die cut from card, then I painted it black with Little Black Dress Fresco Finish. When it was dry I then brushed it with Classic Treasure Gold. The sentiment is also from the same Tim Holtz set and I've die cut a poinsettia from shrink plastic using the Tattered Poinsettia die and painted the back with London Bus Fresco finish paint. The holly leaves are from the Lamp post die. Some dyed seam binding, thread and a button to finish !

I hope you're all enjoying your Christmas break and that Santa has been very kind to you !

6 comments:

  1. Another fabulous Christmas make Sue, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wo Ho Ho!!! I love it!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sue! I hope you had a great Christmas, all the best for 2014! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely warm glow to this card, Sue. Hope you're enjoying your Christmas time, and wishing you a wonderful 2014!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Sue. Love the colour palette and the frame around Santa.

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish for you the most Happy and Prosperous New Year.

    Thank you for following me and taking the time to leave comments, they are truly appreciated.

    Sending you Best wishes for 2014

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic card, the red bow is a great eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!