Saturday, 14 December 2013

Quick Christmas cards

I've been making some quick Chrismtas cards over the last week as I've been so totally disorganised, which isn't like me, but things just seem to have crept up on me this year ! So, I thought I'd share what I've been up to.


I made the background for this first card some weeks ago and then put it to one side while I finished off other projects and also thought about what I wanted to use it for. It's made with the TCW Snowflake stencil and Iced Spruce Distress Ink and a little Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. The foliage has been made using the Tattered Pine Cone die and the Festive Greenery die and I've dabbed the card with some more Snowflake FF.


The baubles have been die cut using a Memory Box die and I've used silver EP on the tops and bottoms of them. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Mini Holiday 4 set stamped with Cornflower Blue Archival ink. I've rubbed some embossing ink over 2 of the corners and sprinkled some white EP over them.


This card started off in the same way as the first one, time was of the essence so doubling up was key to my plan ! I stamped a panel of white card using a Katzelkraft snowflake stamp using second generation stamping. The die cut trim is made using a Tim Holtz strip die.The main image is also a Katzelkraft stamp and is stamped with Cornflower Blue Archival ink (definitely a favourite colour!)


I've blended Ice Spruce DI over the lamp post and then sprinkled silver EP over it. The foliage has been cut using the same dies as the first card. The numbers have been covered with embossing ink, then sticky embossing powder. I then dabbed Fresco Finish paint on them and heated the powder again, which sucks the paint in !


For this last card I used Sepia Archival ink first of all and stamped the baubles on the background. I then stamped the word Noel from an Indigo Blu stamp set using Red Geranium Archival ink, but did second generation stamping as I didn't want it too red.


The wreath is made using the Tim Holtz wreath die and the sentiment is from the Mini Holidays 4 set. I've added some Rock Candy Distress Glitter to the large bow. The garland  bows have been painted with a Distress marker and layered on to some crocheted lace.

I'm just about there now with cards, which is a relief, just need to finish my present shopping and then do some wrapping !

Hope all your Christmas plans are going well !

6 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous Sue! Really love the blue ones, but the other one is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous selection of cards Sue.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely. I especially like the blue ones and the stamp with the mother and child is very beautiful indeed. Thank you for sharing these cards. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Sue. I love the balance of pale backgrounds and die cuts, and they all look so good. Sounds like you've got everything under control too. Most impressed. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such gorgeous cards, Sue - absolutely in love with that first one... the subtle hazy background, wonderful iced spruce greenery and those delicate baubles - exquisite!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Sue. They don't look like quick cards with the fab details. Like you I am so disorganised but trying hard to catch up.

    Best wishes and TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!