Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Tags and thank yous !

Time is certainly slipping through my fingers at the moment, and to think that there is less than 4 weeks to the big day is a very scary thought !

Today I'm sharing my project for the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie team. The lovely Cec has chosen Gift Tags and Note Cards.


I decided to make one of each !


For the tag I stencilled some snowflakes and then used the swirl from the Reindeer Flight stamp set and used Cornflower Blue Archival ink. I then stamped the trees from the same set with the same ink and stamped again without re-inking. I used the snowflake strip die and stamped the swirl onto the card before folding it up. I then dabbed Fresco Finish paint onto a Filigree snowflake and added it to the top. The sentiment is from the Mini Holidays set and I've stamped it with Cornflower Blue and cut it out.



For the card I started with the background and stamped the Fabulous Flourish stamp with embossing ink and then heat embossed it with white EP. I then used Weathered Wood and Broken China Distress paints over the top. The window is made using the Tim Holtz window die and I've painted it with Fresco Finish paint, added a coat of Crackle Glaze and then a top coat. The image in the window is from the Artistic Outpost A Lovely Day stamp set.



The main image is also from the same Artistic Outpost set and I've painted her with Distress Markers. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Simple Sayings set. To finish I've added some buttons and some paper flowers that I've rubbed Distress Ink over.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


4 comments:

  1. Both are absolutely gorgeous. Love the colour palette and all the wonderful details in each project.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful - I love what you've done with those AO stamps, the card is charming. But it's that tag that's really won my heart - it just works brilliantly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful pieces, great details and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really fabulous set Sue!!!! I love the resist background on the card and those wonderful images...the tag has such a wonderful winter feel to it too~ beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!