Tuesday, 3 December 2013

What a week end !

As promised I'm back today to share the projects that I made over the week end at the Finnabair workshops arranged by the lovely Sharon and Jamie of The Artist Trading Post. It was a full on week end and we worked at quite a pace, but I absolutely loved every minute of it ! Big thank you to Sharon and Jamie for keeping us all fed, watered and looked after so well.



Satuday morning was all about the cover of the Finnabair journal we all had in our class packs. Adding texture and then all the gorgeous Finnabair embellishments and paint.


 We did the same to the back cover too. Absolutely loved this !



The afternoon  was concentrated on creating some pages for the journal. I used photos of me, but there were some absolutely gorgeous vintage family photos that were being used. Again we created texture, added embellishments and lots of spraying !


These canvas resist flowers are gorgeous ! I didn't get chance to buy any over the week end but I will certainly be buying some in the near future !


Sunday morning was all about looking from the dark into the light, I loved this concept. We created texture with strips of canvas and ribbon, added lots of embellishments and then lots of paint ! 



The last project of the week end was a canvas that we flipped over and used the back of. Again we created texture with strips of fabric and lace and kitchen roll ! The rocking horse was die cut from cardboard and we added lots of embellishments, mica powder and paint. The colours don't really show up too well on the photos as the paints we used were really vibrant. 



And here is the main lady herself, demonstrating how it should be done !

A fabulous week end and I have some fabulous projects to remind me of it. If you get the chance to take a Finnabair class I would thoroughly recommend you take it !

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects Sue...messy inky hands=a very happy fun weekend..hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makes hunni. Lovely to finally meet u in the flesh! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous collection. Love the dark to light project which I missed as only did Saturday. Fabulous. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations, wow.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow - these are fantastic projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnificent creations, Sue! I knew you'd have a wonderful time with Finn - isn't she lovely?! - and what a beautiful collection of artworks to come away with.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creations, it looks like you had a fantastic weekend.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovley projects, I really enjoyed the weekend too. I can see myself in the background of the picture of Finn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet you had fun and the results are fantastic! I have done two workshops with Finn so I know just how you must have felt, isn't she just wonderful! You'll have great memories embedded into these fab projects and I love the photos you used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning makes Sue, you've really captured Finns style and made each piece your own. Glad you enjoyed the weekend and I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop these into other projects.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is all very stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue, these projects are amazing and gorgeous! I absolutely love your projects! Well don't have to ask if you had a great time! Enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sue, love your projects, the are amazing. I did the Saturday and it was certainly fast paced! Would have loved to have done the Sunday too, but work commitments prevented that. Had the best fun using all the products. Sharon and Jamie made sure everyone was looked after. Hugs, Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just doing a catch up Sue. My goodness you really nailed these techniques. I adore each and every item you've completed and it's clear you had a ball. Enjoy continuing with your journal. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!