Friday, 17 January 2014

Another Happy Birthday !

So here we are at Friday again, I can't believe how quickly this week has gone ! I've been meaning to post this card all week but kept getting side tracked ! This card is for my best friend, she doesn't check my blog so I'm safe sharing it, I hope !


I used Speciality Stamping paper for the background and put some Sail Boat, Aqua and Denim alcohol inks with some Silver mixative and Blending Solution on to my craft mat. Then I 'swooshed' the card into the liquid. I then used a blending tool with some felt and more Blending Solution to even out the ink. I  used the Wendy Vecchi Spots and Stripes stencil with more Blending Solution. I used the 3 Flourishes stencil and did the 'bumping' technique using Fresco Finish paints. I stencilled the numbers using the Wendy Vecchi Classic Words stencil and used the Spots and Stripes stencil and added some dots. I have to say I really liked how this turned out !


I painted a piece of PaperArtsy Smoothy card then stamped it using the Wendy Vecchi Mesh background stamp and Lake Wannaka Fresco Finish paint. I then stamped the flower from the Forever Art set and then painted it with watered down Fresco Finish paint. I layered it onto a piece of card stamped with text and the bottom layer is stamped with Cornflower Blue Archival ink using the Reverse Dots background stamp.


The leaves are cut using the new Tim Holtz Spring Greenery strip die and have been sponged lightly with Fresco Finish paint. The flower is die cut using the Tattered Flower strip die, painted and then stamped with some text. I added the key paper clip and the sentiment to finish.

I hope you're all set for the week end and you've got some crafty time planned !

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sue, love the beautiful flower image. I'm sure your friend will love it too.
    hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a fabulous alcohol ink background and the flowers are just lovely - I'm sure your friend will love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Sue. Lots of interesting textures too. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a friend who doesn't read your blog, lol!! Hope she likes her card, because it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo beautiful Sue. Must get out the alcohol inks now. Love the build up and the colours. Thanks for fresh ideas. I love it. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful colours Sue and I love the fabulous collage you have created. Your friend will treasure it I am sure

    Hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I love the alcohol ink background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Sue and such a great combination of colours and textures. And I love the alcohol ink background - gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabulous background you created for that wonderful flower image - beautiful work. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that background Sue. What a fantastic card. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card, the background looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!