Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy New Year !

Happy New Year ! 

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and your New Year has started well ! 

Today is the start of the new challenge over at Country View Crafts and the challenge for the next month is Monochromatic. Now, I hadn't realised until I started this project that I do seem to lean towards monochromatic schemes quite a bit, so this came together quite easily.


I had lots of fun with Fresco Finish paints to make this card. I love the new blues so they were my first choice. I started with the background and used a baby wipe with Lake Wanaka. I then used the PaperArtsty Mini 96 Swirl and stamped it with Space Cadet FF. The script is stamped Snowflake FF using Mini 44. The vertical panel is a piece of cotton fabric that I've stamped using Archival Black ink and a Lynne Perella stamp from the 014 set.  I then frayed the edges before attaching it to the card.


The main image is also from the Lynne Perella 014 set and I've painted some card with Vintage Lace FF, dried it and then stamped the image on top. This way all of the skin areas are the right colour. I then painted the background of the image again with FF and cut her out. The flower is one that I had left over from the recent Finnabair workshops that I attended. They are great to paint and I also rubbed some White Fire Treasure Gold around the petals. The roman numerals are also left over from the Finnabair workshops. Some lace and buttons and that finishes the card !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous creation Sue. I love your chosen colours. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Sue, a real treasure! Happy New Year. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layers and a gorgeous flower Sue. Hope you've had a wonderful Christmas break.
    I am looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous creations again this year.
    Happy 2014 to you and your family.
    hugs {brenda} x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Sue - the colours are just so wonderful and the flower is gorgeous! Sending best wishes for 2014 Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous painty techniques, and the colours are gorgeous! Happy New Year!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally stunning make Sue and I have to say those new blues really do look fantastic! Great stamping too!!
    Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing more of your work in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic card with gorgeous details. Love the colors sheme.
    Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative year 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing background Sue and I love the main image. TFS and Happy New Year
    Annie x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this image...the teacup on her head is wonderful! The numerals add a special touch too! Gorgeous work as always! You are so inspiring! Happy new year to you, and may it bring you many blessings of health and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!