Monday, 20 January 2014

Hope !

Today I'm sharing my Eclectic Paperie DT project for the current eTeam picks challenge which is 'Hope'.


I started with a jumbo tag and used the Mini Cubist stencil and Wendy Vecchi's white embossing paste. I then painted the whole thing with Glue 'n' Seal to protect it and started to blend Fresco Finish paint over the top using a baby wipe.


I then used the Mini Small Circles stencil with more Fresco Finish paint and did some random stamping with the PaperArtsy Mini 44. The letters are cut from mount board using the WordPlay die and I've painted them with a mixture of French Roast and Claret Fresco Finish paint. The lace and the birdcage have also been painted with this combination too.


The flower is made from a die cut piece of Crinoline and the top two layers are left over canvas resist flowers from the Finnabair workshop I did last year. I've painted them with Fresco Finish Spanish Mulberry and then sponged some French Roast around he edges. The leaves are die cut using the Tim Holtz Garden Greens die and I've painted them with Fresco Finish painted and then stamped script over them.


The butterfly is by Petaloo and I've lightly brushed some Fresco Finish paint over the wings. The ribbon is seam binding and I've brushed it with watered down Fresco Finish paint and then stamped onto it using the Wendy Vecchi mesh background stamp.

My intention is that this tag will form part of a journal page, so this is part 1 !


14 comments:

  1. Oh, Sue! This is lovely! So much detail work- this is a paroject I could look at over and over, finding new details every time! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Project - sorry for the typo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gorgeous colour combination you have used Sue and the leaves look amazing. I thought I recognised those flowers - you have certainly put them to good use on this beautiful tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a dramatic tag Sue! I love the look the cubist stencil has given to the background. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tag! The color combination is fabulous. I love that cubist stencil. Very cool and so nice that it's going to be part of a journal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Sue, love your tag, such gorgeous colours and embellishment, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is a beautiful tag with that sweet birdcage and the gorgeous flower.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab color! Love the pop of purple! The flower is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love it. Love the color intensity and all that yummy texture. And the flower is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, heartwarming colours, and the layers give the background such terrific depth.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all of the layers and the texture on your BG is FAB! LOVE the flower and butterfly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue its beautiful, textured, rich vibrant colours...stunning!!
    Big hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, you have such an amazing eye for colour. It makes each of your pieces so unique and rich.The layers of texture and goodness with the pops of dark are incredibly striking. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue,
    Great tag, the colors are yummy. Can't wait to see the journal page.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!