Sunday, 19 January 2014

Monochromatic no.2 !

Today I'm sharing my second DT project for Country View Crafts, where the current theme is Monochromatic.


I took the opportunity to make a couple of cards for this month's challenge as family birthdays seem to congregate around Christmas so this was exactly what I needed to get ahead of myself ! For the background on this card I pressed Distress Inks on to my craft mat and spritzed them with water and pressed the card into the ink. Then I used the TCW clocks stencil with Gathered Twigs DI and stamped the cogs from an old PaperArtsy stamp set using Sepia Archival ink.


The vertical panel has been stamped with a stamp from the Hot Picks 1218 set and I've blended lots of DI over it and distressed the edges.



The main image is also from the 1218 set and I masked it off and stamped the cogs again. I embossed a small tag using the Tim Holtz cogs folder and used Gathered Twigs DI over it. The brads have been hammered to within an inch of their life ! (Had great fun doing this!) I wanted them to look like beaten up rivets.


For the badge I painted some cardboard with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint, then added a coat of Crackle Glaze and used Irish Cream Fresco Finish on top. I then stamped the badge and cut it out and rubbed some Treasure Gold around the edge.

You've still got plenty of time to join us for this challenge as we've still nearly 2 weeks to go.



8 comments:

  1. A fabulous monochromatic card Sue with wonderful layers and masculine images.
    hugs {Brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for a man, love your backgrounds
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous male card Sue. I love everything about it. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Sue, great layering and I love the colours you have chosen! I am sure it will be much appreciated by the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background seemed almost too nice to cover up, but you have covered it up so well! I love the image of the old truck and you have made the badge look positively ancient - love it. The battered brads are the perfect finishing touch. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous make Sue x I love the background and layers you have created. The recipient will be delighted

    TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnificent background and gorgeous layering over the top... love, love, love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful creation with great texture.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!