Wednesday, 22 January 2014

One for my Mum !

Today's project is one that I made with my Mum in mind. This post is dedicated to her as well, as she has recently bought a Nexus tablet and loves it to pieces ! Now that she has the technology she can visit my blog so this is a little surprise for her !

This project is also my DT piece for Frilly and Funkie where the current challenge is the 'Warmth of Winter' which was chosen by the lovely Rebecca.

Here's what Rebecca has to say:

This time of year, we can bring warmth to those who are feeling the chill!  Create a card or project that will warm the heart of someone dear to you.


I started by painting this little wooden house with Sage Fresco Finish paint. I then mixed some Wendy Vecchi embossing paste with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint and used one of the Prima masks.


I then painted the top part of the house with Crackle Glaze and brushed Hey Pesto Fresco Finish over the top. When it was dry I then sanded it slightly to give it a shabby look.


I painted a piece of card with Honey Dew Fresco Finish paint then used the background stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Heirloom Art set and more Hey Pesto FF and stamped onto the card. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and is stamped with Fern Archival ink. (Can't wait to get my hands on the new Archival inks!) This is then mounted onto a piece of card that I've stamped with the Wendy Vecchi Reverse Dots background stamp, again using Fern Archival ink.


I die cut loads of flowers using the Tattered Flowers strip die and painted them with Fresco Finish paints, I also painted the lace with the same colour. The leaves have been cut using the Tim Holtz Spring Greenery strip die and I've painted them with Fresco Finish paint too. I've added little dots to the centre of the flowers using a Viva Paper Pen.


I've used a filigree metal corner in the apex of the roof and rubbed some Treasure Gold around the edges and over the raised surface of the embossing paste.


As the house had a hole in the centre I've covered the back with some card that I've stamped with the Wendy Vecchi Mesh background stamp, again using Fern Archival ink. You can  see the join, unfortunately, in my stamping but as it's on the back I didn't think that was too much of a problem. What do you think Mum ?

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

9 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely piece of home decor and I bet your Mum is thrilled with it Sue. I love the stencilled paste and that floral bouquet. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Sue and I bet your mum will just love it! How wonderful that she can now visit your blog too!
    Totally love the sentiment too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Sue. Very springlike with fresh greens and beautiful texture and layers of flowers. Nice surprise for mum and lovely to find on your blog. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously sensational, Sue. Love the way you used the texture paste and stencil. And what a gorgeous way to use the Wendy stamps! Such a beautiful gift your your mum!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, this is one gorgeous little bird house! Love the stenciling and all that gorgeous texture and I know your mum will be totally thrilled! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous little shabby chic garden shed... I actually love the join in that (very tempting) wire mesh on the back, looks like a real fence wired together!! Beautiful paint work, as always... hope your mum loves it when she gets here!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really beautiful piece of art, I really love the greens and the flowers are stunning! Just got that mesh stamp set and I too, like the little join in the back. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's gorgeous. Your mum will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so beautiful! A wonderful gift for your mum, I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!