Thursday, 6 February 2014

Altered playing cards

Today is the start of the next Get Altered challenge over at Eclectic Paperie and this time we're altering playing cards !


Apologies for this photo, taking photos under artificial light is never good ! I used The Crafters Workshop Tiny Circles stencil and Wendy Vecchi's embossing paste on one side of 3 playing cards. I then use Fresco Finish Vanilla, Caramel and Toffee with a little French Roast around the edges.


I rubbed some Florentine Treasure Gold over the raised areas.


I used three further cards and painted them with Vanilla Fresco Finish paint, and then used a baby wipe to add some Caramel and Toffee.


On this card I used The Crafters Workshop Spinning Tops stencil using Toffee Fresco Finish paint. I then used Claret Fresco Finish using the Bingo stencil. I used the grass stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Art Comforts set and I've stamped it using Fern Green Archival ink. The sentiment is also from the same set.


I used the Spinning Tops stencil on the centre card and also the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Stripes stencil down the side and used the 'bumping' technique to create a shadow. The flower is from the Wendy Vecchi Daisy Art set and painted it with Fresco Finish paint.


On the last card I've used the same stencils with the addition of the Mini Ledger stencil. The butterfly is from the Wendy Vecchi Art for You stamp set and I've painted it with Fresco Finish paint.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge !


25 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, these look brilliant! I looove the colours, I love how they are named too - caramel and toffee (yummmm)
    It is a great idea to alter cards.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sue, love the colours, stamps and designs. The finished cards are just stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww Sue, this is so beautiful, love the colors and the details!!!!!!

    Hugs,Ellenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, love them.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are beautiful! I love the colors and the texture. What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love these grungy gorgeous cards! They beg to be touched with all that texture and rich color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, loving the grungy colours in the background and the beautiful pops of colour here and there! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow ! Stunning work I 'be really got to get my thinking cap on to keep up with you gals! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning, Sue - one of my favourite ever makes of yours. The depth you create with the paint shading is just wonderful, and the words, images and stencilling here are pure perfection. Be still my beating heart - just brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous altered cards, love the colours and stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally stunning Sue! I so love the effects you have achieved with those stencils and the paints. The stamps look amazing to so beautifully coloured. The most wonderful set of altered cards, - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just gorgeous, Sue! I love the warm colors you used and the selective stenciling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue, these are just GORGEOUS! LOVE the pretty images you used and the warm colors! Your painting is Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous altered playing cards, Sue. Love the colors and the beautiful springlike images. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG ... these are awesome, I love the colors, and the stamps are to die for !!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Sue, these are gorgeous. I would have never in a thousand years thought these were playing card bases. The last 3 look like wood pieces. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are exceptional! Love the images and the texture is sublime!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are truly individual works of ART Sue...who would have thought the humble playing card could be altered into such beauty!
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are soft and romantic! What a totally unique alteration of playing cards Sue. I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag where you can find Videos, Gif Images, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags.
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Latest Automotive Information with Pictures, latest speedy cars, top vehicles
    TopAmazingCars.BlogSpot.Com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!