Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Bloomin' Marvellous !

Hello ! Today I'm sharing my Frilly and Funkie DT project for the Funkie side of the team. The current challenge has been chosen by the lovely Jenny and is called Bloomin' Marvellous - flowers, lots of them, but they must be made by you (not bought/pre-made).


I had a fabulous day on Saturday as I attended the retail training day with PaperArtsy so I decided to use some of the fab new products on this piece. I covered a chipboard shape with some of the new Chatsworth paper and  gave it a coat of Glue 'n' Seal to protect it. I then used used one of the new Lin Brown stencils with Snowflake Fresco Finish. Once it was dry I brushed some Chartreuse and Autumn Fire Fresco Finish over the top.


I used one of the new JOFY stencils for the bullrushes and built the Fresco Finish colours up in layers, drying in between colours.


The stencilled leaves are done using the Wendy Vecchi From the Garden stencil and I've used the Wendy Vecchi Vintage Mesh  stamp with Tree Branch Archival ink. The die cut leaves are made using the Tim Holtz Garden Greens die and I've painted them with Fresco Finish paints. The sentiment is also by Wendy Vecchi and is from the Framed Art set. I've mounted it on some cardboard that I've painted with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint and then brushed some Treasure Gold around the edge of it.




For my flower instead of making lots I made one large one ! I covered some Grunge Paper with the paper from an old book and then I used one of the new Lin Brown stencils with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I used the largest flower from the Tattered Florals die to make the flower. To finish I brushed two pearl stick pins with Treasure Gold and I rubbed some around the edge of the board too.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, you've still got a week to go, and do make sure you hope over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

16 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the old book flower on this Sue. The painted stencilling and beautiful blended background set it off so well. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These chipboard panels look fantastic by themselves, but what you have done with it looks amazing! Stunning paint and stencil effects and the flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Sue, the colours are delightful and I love your design. The flower is absolutely gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love the colors as well as the leaves and the bulrushes. And, the flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful with all your stenciling and painting as a great background for the foliage. I love the flower and the transformed stick pins.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, your tag IS bloomin' MARVELOUS!! Seriously, where do I start...the composition is perfect! I love the combination of techniques you have used and your flower is beautiful! Your color palette is breathtaking as well!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue, such a fantastic creation. Wonderful texture and elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful texture and that flower is gorgeous.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chipboard panel is amazing Sue - I just love those colours. And the flower is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your panel is beautiful. I love all the stamping, stenciling, and color scheme. The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!! Love every bit, and especially the shape and flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Sue live these colours, mine just arrived today can't wait to have a play
    Happy craftin
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful project Sue, the colours are right up my street.Thank you for using some of my stencils, it makes me all giddy with excitement when I see them used somewhere.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply brilliant, Sue - the new colours are so you, and those bulrushes are glorious in the beauty and depth of colour shading. What a fabulous make!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!