Saturday, 1 February 2014

Painty Pleasures #1

Today is the first day of the new challenge over at Country View Crafts. For the next month the challenge is Painty Pleasures (which was music to my ears!)



 I decided to use one of the little wooden houses for this challenge. I did in fact make this house first and then the second one, which you'll find here.

I started by painting the whole house with Antartic Fresco Finish paint. I then used the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Stripes Border stencil to created the stripes down the left hand side using Lake Wanaka Fresco Finish paint. I mixed some Wendy Vecchi embossing paste with some Yellow Submarine Fresco Finish paint and used the same stencil to add some dots with the paste and some with the paint.  



I mixed some Hey Pesto Fresco Finish with more embossing paste and stencilled the leaves and grass using the Dylusions Leaf Flourish stencil and the Wendy Vecchi From the Graden stencil. The flowers are all paper and I've painted them with Yellow Submarine Fresco Finish paint. The roof panels are made from metal and I've used a Ten Seconds Studio mold and then used Lake Wanaka and Space Cadet Fresco Finish paint over the top. I painted a filigree corner and stuck in the the apex of the roof. The centre panel has been painted with Antartic Fresco Finish then stamped using the Wendy Vecchi Vintage Mesh stamp using Space Cadet Fresco Finish paint. The sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi Art Comforts stamp set and I've stamped it using Cornflower Blue Archival ink. The little vase of flowers is a small Idea-ology glass bottle and I've painted the roses.








The shelf is made from mount board and I've used the edge of a Wendy Vecchi stamp set to draw around and then cut it out. I've painted it with Space Cadet Fresco Finish and then stamped it using the Wendy Vecchi Vintage Mesh stamp and Pea Coat Fresco Finish. 

I hope you've enjoyed this project as much as I enjoyed making it ! I look forward so seeing what Painty Pleasures you get up to ! Do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


5 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Sue - love the colour combination and that wonderful texture on the roof - brilliant painty effects - and so pleasurable for us too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!