Monday, 10 February 2014

Painty Pleasures #2 !

Hello ! Today I'm sharing my second DT project for Country View Crafts current challenge which is Painty Pleasures.


I started with a wooden Triptych and sanded it lightly then painted it with a coat of Moonlight Fresco Finish paint. I then used a babywipe and blended Pansy and Concrete Fresco Finish over it. I did some stencilling using the 'bumping' technique and The Crafters Workshop Spinning Tops stencil. The main image is a Lynne Perella stamp and I've stamped her on to tissue paper and painted her with Fresco Finish paints. The frame is die cut from thick cardboard using the Ornate Frame die, I've painted it with Pansy Fresco Finish and then used Amethyst Treasure Gold. The rose is made from metal and I've also brushed Treasure Gold over it as well. the lock and the key are cut form cardboard covered with sticky back canvas, painted and then brushed with Treasure Gold. The paper roses and remaining embellishments have also been painted with Fresco Finish paint.


I used The Crafters Workshop Thistle stencil on the reverse using Grunge Paste. I've brushed the heads of the thistles with Treasure Gold too. 

This project is also one of my classes at The Artist Trading Post on the 14th June, so if you like what you see come along and create your own !


6 comments:

  1. Amazing project Sue, you are a wizard with the Fresco paints. The stencil effects, bot on the front and the back look stunning, and of course that LP stamp is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sue. Lovely colours and details xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's brilliant, Sue. The stencil bumping is so effective I was sure it was texture paste to start with. Wonderful paint effects as always!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and composition! Loving the key and metal rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background on this triptych is fabulous! I love the image of the boy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already leave comment at CVC, but still want to say that I love this piece...really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!