Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Valentine with a twist !

Hello ! Today is the turn of the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie team to share their project for the current challenge, which is Valentine with a twist ! The twist being that you need to use red, pink and white but no hearts.


I took the opportunity to make my card for my other half. When I saw the 'no hearts' twist I knew that these two love birds would be perfect.



I started by using the Prima Harlequin 12 x 12 stencil and spraying it with Post Box Red Dylusions. I then blended Festive Berries Distress Ink over the card and then did some spritz and flick.


I then tore a piece of paper from an old book and used a stamp from the Tim Holtz Stuff to Say set with embossing ink. I clear embossed it and then blended Festive Berries DI over the top.




I recently saw a fabulous idea over on the lovely Alison's (Butterfly) blog when she'd stuck glass pebbles onto book paper and the words were magnified. So, I used the same idea but I stamped the words instead, using stamps from the Darkroom Door Love Birds set.


The little birds in the background are also from the same Darkroom Door stamp set.


The sentiment is one of the fabulous ones by Wendy Vecchi from the Sentimental Art set. I was searching for the right embellishment and was rooting through my bag of bits and pieces when I found these little locks and keys. The key has the word 'love' on it, which I'm hoping you can see on the above photo.

I hope you get chance to join us fo this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !

11 comments:

  1. Love the stencilling and the way you've used the book page on this Sue. The idea with the glass cabochons is also a clever one. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Great layered background and I love those love birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Sue. I love your card and it makes a nice change from hearts etc. The lovebirds are adorable and the elements you have used just finish it off. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card your background is fab and with those love birds you don't need. Heart. I think Alison will have set a bit of a trend I loved her idea when I saw it too.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The love birds are adorable and so perfect for a Valentine theme. I love the book page as the background and the little lock and key are a wonderful touch. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those resist words on the book page - so cool, and the love birds are wonderful. Love the handwritten look of the pebble words too - fabulous card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is beautiful, Sue! It's perfect for a man, lovely but not too feminine. I love the way you used the book page and the glass pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a totally brilliant take on the heartless Valentine, Sue. The vibrant reds are really gorgeous and the lovebirds stamp is fantastic. Your resist layers are wonderful, as are the yummy embellishments you used. You totally knocked this challenge out of the park!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely adore those love birds. Gorgeous backdrop and I love the pebble spotlights . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card, pretty the lovebird with the gorgeous background. I love to used the glass pebbles. xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!