Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Authentic Always !

Today I'm sharing my DT project for the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie team. I'm hosting the current challenge and I chose the theme of Stencils and Texture, I love making projects with lots of stencils and texture !



I decided I would do a journal page and started by covering some card with a piece of Tissue Wrap. While the glue was still wet I scrunched it up to create lots of ripples and texture.


I then dabbed Distress Paints over it and spritzed it really well with water and let the paint run. When it was dry I then stencilled using the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Stripes stencil and a Prima stencil.


I used Wendy Vecchi's black Embossing paste and the TCW Art Is stencil for the text. When the paste was dry I re-positioned the stencil and brushed some Classic Treasure Gold over it.


I used the same technique for the word Authentic and Always. The key has been painted with Fresco Finish paint as have the other metal embellishments.


The hearts have been die cut from Grunge Paper that I've stuck book paper on to. I've hand drawn the black lines and then blended DI around the edge.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hope over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


13 comments:

  1. Love the way the stencilling and paint has worked over the book pages and wrinkled tissue Sue. A joy to behold! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue a stunning page so much to look at, love it!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cover and I love all the beautiful textures and elements you have used to create this wonderful cover. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Sue, the effects of the crunched up background with the stenciling and paint effects looks wonderful, love those hearts! Great journal page, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colour combo on this. The wrinkled tissue makes for a fabulous texture and the Wendy Vecchi embossing paste with TG is lovely. This is an absolutely stunning page and a true inspiration: a spur to get journaling! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply fabulous in every way, from your textures to stencils, colours etc. Love it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. COOL challenge! I love the embossed words! Wonderful page!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply glorious, Sue - breathtaking colours and texture, and fabulous composition too... this goes into the all-time favourites list, for sure!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page with wonderful textures and details.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooove this page Sue, it's so attractive with all the texture and gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful journal page, Sue!! I love how you applied layer after layer of texture, color, and stenciling to create such an amazing work of art!! You have taught me so much in regards to technique. I can't wait to start playing more with my stencils. Before this challenge I never used them:-))
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is 100% stunning, Sue. Absolutely gorgeous! Off to pin...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous and colorful! I love it! The crinkled paper texture is great.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!