Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Neglected dies !

Today I'm sharing a project for the current Frilly and Funkie challenge which is to use a neglected die. Now, Mr Mojo has been absent of late so when I attended Lin Brown's class on Saturday I decided to make another project similar to the one we made then in the hopes that he would make an appearance !


I've used my Cabinet dies for this project, I think I've only had them out of the packet once before now, so they really have been very neglected ! I shall be back on Saturday with a more in depth description of how this book was made so for now I'm just going to show some photos and a quick description. All of the pages have been die cut from greyboard so they are really thick and will take alot of punishment ! The front cover has had Wendy Vecchi's new Crackle Texture Paste spread over it and I've coloured it with Archival inks. 


I've used various Wendy Vecchi stamp sets and used stencils to create interest on each of the pages.


I've used the smaller cabinet die to create the smaller page and the little girl you can see here is from an Artistic Outpost set.


More stencilling and stamping and I've cut the flower out on the right hand page.


I've stamped with white acrylic paint to use as a resist.


Here's how the book looks complete after I've used twine to attach the pages together.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

16 comments:

  1. A fabulous project Sue! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous book Sue! I love the way you have used the cabinet die and also those colours are just stunning. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic Sue. Great design and such gorgeous colors, stenciling and stamping! Totally drooling over this one!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning crackle on the frame, and I adore the inside pages... certainly doesn't look like a Mojo-less creation - it's just beautiful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your mojo took a hike, it didn't stray too far away because this is fabulous. I love the colours and all the great stamping. What is greyboard?
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is wonderful - gorgeous colours and so much detail - a joy! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing crackle and techniques used. Lovely design.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crackle effect looks beautiful, really glossy finish. Lovely project as always, would make a great workshop....?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The crackle is gorgeous and what a fabulous project you have created.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous project. I can't wait to see more photos and descriptions of your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is FABOLOUS .... Love it !! Vibrant colors, lots of texture, creative idea.... Impressing art work !!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome way to use the cabinet die. I love your whole concept, loved your colour scheme and the book is just too lovely. Really, really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an AWESOME idea to use this as a chunky book! I have too many neglected everything!!!! Lol! Great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue...what a beautiful book and what a gorgeous way to use your poor, neglected die! haha I have that die cut and it's fairly neglected at my house, too. Your piece is very inspiring and really shows wonderful ways to use that die cut and then finish out each and every page so beautifully! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!