Monday, 10 March 2014

Paper Chase no.2 !

I'm sharing my second DT project for the current Country View Crafts challenge which is Paper Chase, celebrating the challenge blog's first anniversary !



As paper is the main theme I decided to use Speciality Stamping Paper as the base for my card. I also wanted to have a dabble with the Wendy Vecchi technique of rubbing alcohol and re-inkers. For the background I used Hydrangea, Orange Blossom and Cornflower Blue re-inkers and sprinkled rubbing alcohol over the ink and let it run ! I then started to stencil using Lin Brown's new stencils and some Fresco Finish paints.


I had a piece of the backround left over so I stamped one of the flowers and the stem from the new Dylusions Fancy Florals set. I then painted them with Fresco Finish paints. I've used a layer of Tissue Wrap beneath the main image.


The butterfly is made from Grunge Paper that's been covered with some paper from an old book. I rubbed some Distress Ink around the edge and added a rusty safety pin to the centre. I've used brads to attach the ribbon on either side of the flower. To finish some buttons from my stash.

There's still plenty of time to join in with this challenge and for more inpsiration hop over to the main blog




8 comments:

  1. Love this card Sue, great colours and design xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite techniques at the moment...you have used such gorgeous colours and the finished card looks fabulous Sue
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue - I absolutely adore this - had to pop over from CVC blog - now following - thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back from the stamping weekend I'm just catching up. It's a fantastic creation. Also your journal pages are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sue and works so well with those colours. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is stunning Sue! Great design, droolworthy colours - definitely a hit! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, and she will too! Great flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unbelievably beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!