Saturday, 1 March 2014

Paper Chase !

Hello ! Today I'm sharing my first DT piece of the month for Country View Crafts. The challenge blog has just reached it's first year anniversary and in true anniversary style the theme for this month is Paper Chase. So, as long as your project has a strong theme of paper anything goes !


When I first thought about this challenge I was scratching my head as I didn't think I used alot of paper in my projects, how wrong could I be ! I started by glueing a piece of the new PaperArtsy Chatsworth paper to some white card and I then stencilled it using one of the new Lin Brown stencils using Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. When that was dry I gave the whole thing a wash of South Pacific Fresco Finish paint. As it's translucent you can not only see the stencilling but also the pattern on the paper.


The main image is a Flonz stamp and I've masked her off and then used PaperArtsy Mini 44 to add the script. This has been layered onto some card that's been stamped with one of the new Lynne Perella stamps and I've blended DI around it. The bottom layer is a page from an old book.


The leaves have been die cut using the Tim Holtz Spring Greenery strip die from more book pages. The roses are made using the PaperArtsy Grunge Flower die, again from book pages and I've rubbed some DI over them.

You may have noticed a certain number framed by the buckle, this card is for one of my sisters as it's her birthday this month. I think we'll just leave it at that !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

10 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, love how you did the buckle (I won't look at the number...), I think your Sister will love this. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, your sister will treasure this.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A divine card Sue :-) your sister will treasure it for sure. Love the fab layers and gorgeous stamps. TFS and Best Wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Lovely gentle colours, and I do like those roses!
    Hey! That number isn't so bad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card, the flowers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shabby layers, and the flowers are gorgeous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umwerfend schön.
    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful piece........every detail is perfect. Standing O from me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layers Sue, a really gorgeous card for the first anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sue, I love the image and the pretty roses.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!