Wednesday, 2 April 2014

Do you have the time ?

It's the second week of the current Frilly and Funkie challenge which is Time after Time. Instead of using a clock on a project I decided to make a clock THE project !


I started by covering the main clock face with black Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste. When it was dry I then used a spatula and spread Wendy Vecchi Crackle Paste over the top. I left it over night to dry and I love that the cracks are different sizes where the paste was thicker.


I used Dandelion, Fern Green, Red Geranium, Tree Branch and Potting Soil Archival inks to colour the main face. I then used the Dylusions leaf stencil with Fern Green Archival ink and also used some Green Olives Fresco Finish paint. I stamped the flower from the Wendy Vecchi Approved Art set and painted the flowers with Claret Fresco Finish paint. The butterfly is from the Art for You set and again I've painted it using Claret Fresco Finish paint. 


 I probably didn't take the photo at the right time as the minute hand is over the sentiment ! The sentiment is from the Framed Art set. I've used the Prima Checker stencil with Wendy Vecchi white Embossin Paste. I then painted the frame using Fresco Finish paint.




I used a PaperArtsy flourish stamp with Fern Green Archival ink and a script stamp with Potting Soil Archival ink. I stuck the frame to the clock face and clamped it together while the glue set. I then rubbed Onyxite Treasure Gold around the edge.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check our the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

17 comments:

  1. An absolute feast for the eyes Sue! LOVE the way you've used those two different types of paste to their best advantage and topped them with such bright happy colours (that match the second hand!!) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab project Sue, both the center and the frame of the clock are so beautiful, - a totally stunning project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sue, love the imagery and the contrasts of the face and frame. Fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, Sue! The clock face and the frame are both gorgeous and the colors are great! Love the crackle finish on the face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally drop-dead amazing, Sue. This is beyond beautiful. I'm drooling over the colors and the way you have put it all together. A stunning piece of art!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a breathtaking piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, the crackle effect is amazing, beautifully put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous alteration. Fabulous colours and images..
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue,
    I just have to tell you how amazing I think your clock is!!!! I love the way you've combined textures, colors, and techniques to create your gorgeous work of art! I bought a bunch of Wendy Vecchi embossing products because of you, just so you know, you are an ENABLER-lol! If I lived near you I would be at your house every day begging for lessons. I love everything you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue,
    I've been thinking and thought I should warn you...I may hop a plane to Staffordshire tonight to steal your clock:-))
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it seems the Nancy's might be dropping in on you Sue. ;) ;) I too love this clock and thank you for sharing your process with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!!! Fabulous textures and wonderful colour combo.....a brilliant project x TFS

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful project--your coloration is beyond gorgeous! Love all those deep cracks too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Sue love the colours, textures and stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Magnificent crackle and the frame around the outside is glorious too - what an astounding altered clock, Sue - just brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is exquisite, Sue. I've been thinking 'time' for days now and just realized I'd best hop in as the challenge is closing!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!