Thursday, 3 April 2014

Knock on wood !

Sorry about the title I couldn't resist !  (can't stop singing the song now either!) Today is the start of the next ePlay challenge over at eclectic Paperie. The new theme is Wood ! Really simple, just use some wood on your project !


I decided to use this cute little wooden sign. I've painted it with Fresco Finish paint, then added a coat of Crackle Glaze then painted it with Stone Fresco Finish paint. I think you can just about see the crackles on the surface. I then started to stencil, purposely keeping the colours quite neutral.


I used the Wendy Vecchi Vintage Mesh background stamp with Potting Soil Archvial ink.


The flower is also a Wendy Vecchi stamp and I've stamped it with Watering Can Archival ink then painted it with Fresco Finish paints. As the colours I've used are translucent the stamped image still shows through. The little flourish border is also stamped with Watering Can and is from The Beauty of Art set.


The word inside the gorgeous Maya Road Ornate Frame is from the Sentimental Art set and I've masked off the rest of the sentiment to leave just this one word. I'm not sure if you would call the Prima inset a butterfly or a moth, but I've painted it with Fresco Finish paints.

A really simple project today, but I have to say I quite like it !

You've got a whole month to find something wooden so you can join in the fun, I hope you can !


14 comments:

  1. A beautiful design and the stamps are fabulous as it that flower with the bright pop of red xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a kewl idea and would look fab on my wall. Like this a lot. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you've done it--I am convinced I need fresco paints! Love your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sue. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous hanging Sue love the pop of red!
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous Sue, stunning flower and background. Beautiful piece. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic hanging, loved the title to your post.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome sign you created Sue! love that geranium and gorgeous frame - so pretty with the background and paints you used - this would look so nice hanging off a branch in the garden somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this sign is adorable! Very lovely. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I quite LOVE it, Sue! Love the crackle and the flower and the frame and the butterfly! Quite Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute - I love that wire background stamp - looks great against the wood!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

  12. I love this sign!
    I love every little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Sue. Love flower and the details you added. It's beautiful. I love how the moth looks with the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like it.....loooove it Sue, beautiful in every way!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!