Monday, 28 April 2014

New Beginnings no.2

Hello and welcome to the start of another week ! Today I'm sharing my second project for Country View Crafts and the current challenge which is New Beginnings. Now, if you caught my first post which you'll find here, you'll know that a new home is top of my list at the moment. So, today's project is using that as the theme and it also gave me the opportunity to use one of my new Clarity stencils.



Firsty of all I took a large piece of cardboard and ripped off the top layer in random places around the edge. Then I painted it with Vanilla Fresco Finish paint. Then I used the Wendy Vecchi brick stencil with white Embossing Paste. I then used the Prima Checked stencil with Brown Shed Fresco Finish and then the TCW Navaho stencil using Pumpkin Soup. I also brushed some Pumpkin Soup over the bricks too. I left the other areas blank as I had other plans for them !


Unfortunately, I didn't take any photo's before I'd finished it was one those rare occasions when I knew what I wanted to do and just went for it ! The areas that I left blank I've filled with chipboard coasters that I've also used the Wendy Vecchi Brick stencil and Embossing Paste on. I've blended more Fresco Finish paint over them and glued them into place. I then did some dry brushing using French Roast Fresco Finish, I love the burnt effect that this colour creates. The poppies are die cut using a Memory Box die and I've then painted them.


I had a small piece of the net mesh which I glued across the width of the project. I used the Clarity stencil on a piece of Smoothy card and blended the Fresco Finish colours from bottom to top. I also used a black pen to define some areas of the image, I then cut it into three pieces and used a corner punch to round the corners . The little bird is die cut using the Movers and Shapers die and is sitting on top of a Word Band, love the saying on this one!



The flower is made from UTEE and a mold I made using a resin flower. I then painted it with Fresco Finish paint and when dry I brushed some White Fire Treasure Gold over the top.



I bent the wings up slightly of the butterfly and then brushed some Ruby Treasure Gold over it. You can also see on the above photo some background script stamping that I did over the background.

I'm planning on hanging this piece in my new craft room, just need to add some ribbon and it will be ready.

If you've not joined in with the current challenge you still have one or two days left.



16 comments:

  1. Wow Sue. I can't stop looking at this piece of art. The colours alone looks great and the stencils have given it a wonderful texture. Absolutely Stunning. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Sue, so creative and colourful, a real work of art! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this piece Sue. I've just acquired the same Clarity stencil so this has given me inspiration. Thanks!!! Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous street - I'd like to live there xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background alone was gorgeous but I do love the street you created - like Rachel, I would not mind living there! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous piece of art! I love the colors and the theme is great! I love the background and the stencils fit in so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything. But just imagine if you added some great graphics or videos to give your posts more, pop! Your content is excellent but with pics and videos, this site could definitely be one of the very best in its field. Excellent blog!....Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! Love the vivid colours on the houses, and that background is another knockout!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Sue. The colouring and blending through the Clarity houses stencil is amazing - so effective. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fantastic Sue, you are a living advert for those gorgeous Fresco paints! A stunning make with those gorgeous houses, just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous make Sue...wonderful colours and details
    Best wishes in yr new home
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's an amazing piece of art. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in LOVE Sue!!! The houses are amazing, just stunning! Love all of your layers as well! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. as always...your art is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had to come back to see this - gorgeous!!! I love the way you've layered up those textured surfaces underneath the skyline frescos. Dramatic and stylish. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!