Tuesday, 1 April 2014

New Beginnings

Today is the start of the next challenge over at Country View Crafts and  for the next month the theme is New Beginnings. This is a great theme as it can be interpreted in so many ways, for me the new beginnings of a new home are really apt at the moment as we are in the process of moving house.


I've used a chipboard piece that I picked up at a craft fair a few weeks ago. I started by using a Clarity stencil called Pods and Vanilla Fresco Finish paint. I then gave it a wash of watered down Vanilla and once dry stencilled again using the TCW Navaho stencil and Brown Shed Fresco Finish. Again I knocked this back with watered down Vanilla Fresco Finish paint. I then used the TCW Scallop flowers stencil and this time I wanted the colours to be a little stronger so I used Snowflake Fresco Finish first of all, dried it off and then repositioned the stencil and built up the colours layer by layer. The first layer of white really lets the true colours of the later layers show.


I've used the Darkroom Door stamp set called Home Sweet Home. The larger house has been stamped onto Smoothy card that I've painted in streaks with Fresco Finish paint. I used a chipboard coaster and cut it down to create two smaller coasters for the little house and the sentiment. I covered the chipboard with pieces from the PaperArtsy Chatsworth paper collection, gave them a coat of Matt Medium and a wash of watered down Tikka Fresco Finish paint before stamping the images. The numbers on the background are The Artistic Stamper stamps as is the column of numbers.


The large metal flower is from a bag of flowers I bought from the Bead and Button Company. The small flower started it's life as two pale blue, plastic flowers. I've painted them with Little Black Dress Fresco Finish, then when it was dry I've brushed Onyxite Treasure Gold over both of them and stuck the smaller flower inside the larger one. I added some Washi tape, buttons and a key to finish.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, what will New beginnings mean to you ?


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layers and colours Sue. Good luck with your house moving xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an absolute wizard with those Fresco paints, so much depth to this piece again! Love it and of course good luck with the house move!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Sue! Great colour work and fab composition - love it! Good luck with your move and best wishes for your life in your new home! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a beautiful tag Sue, that is a great stamp set and so apt for your circumstances too. All the very best to you in your 'new beginnings'... Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work Sue - lovely tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous tag - love the rich, deep colours, full of the warmth of a cosy home-coming. How I sympathise on the moving house front - wishing you lots of luck!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful piece, love the rich deep colours. good luck with the house move.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous make for your New Home good luck with the move!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag is just gorgeous. Love all your layers, the colors, the theme... Yes ALL !!! Impressing tag.
    Wish you a smooth house move !
    Thank you for sharing your creativity !
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!