Wednesday, 30 April 2014

On the Runway !

Today is the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie DT to share their projects for the current challenge which is On the Runway. The lovely Cec is our host and for this challenge you need to create a project that depicts sewing and/or fashion.


I decided to make a sort of collage, freestanding project and also using a colour that I rarely choose ! I've used lots of Fresco Finish paints for the background and some stencilling to create interest.


The die cut mannequin and the pediment have both had a coat of Wendy Vecchi's Crackle Paste, which I am in love with ! The flower is made from UTEE and was made rather by luck than judgement ! I needed to clean out my melting pot so poured the last little bit of UTEE into one of my molds. It didn't fill the mold but it made a smaller flower which was perfect for this project !

I'm not going to go into too many details now as I'll be back in the near future with a step by step on the Frilly and Funkie blog.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Sue! I'm so glad you'll be stepping this out as there is so much detail to take in and I need to know more... :) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous collage Sue - stunning colours and loads of details. Can't wait for the step by step! Sigh - even more dies on my wish list ..... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow - such a gorgeous tag. Love all the details especially the crackling effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, love this amazing piece!! You F & F girls certainly rock the blog world with your amazing projects! Great stuff!! Can't wait for the step by step now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb collage Sue. Your crackles look amazing, must get this paste put on my wishlist. Off for a look at your teamies projects. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic make for this challenge. I love the colour palette and there is so much eye candy there so I can't wait to get the details.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your creativity - your tag is awesome. Beautifully designed, every little thing is just right!!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Sue, love all the die cuts you used, the crackle on the dress form is fantastic and I love the little Prima dress form too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely beautiful sue - love it all - colours, crackle, diecuts - its all wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Find your style is the perfect sentiment here! I love the monochromatic purple! Gorgeous use of the dies too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with this tag, Sue. Can't wait to read your SxS with all the details. The color is gorgeous and I love the way you tilted the window die cut! The Distressed Doily die cut looks wonderful too. Super piece of eye candy this week!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!